Annabeth and Percy Part 1

Third person

About six months after Hazel fearlessly left for The Beast's castle, there was a party in the under water kingdom of Atlantica.

King Poseidon, along with his second wife, Queen Amphrite, were anxiously awaiting the performance of their sons, Tyson and Triton, along with Poseidon's son with his first love, Percy.

Little did they know, Percy was on land, sorta.

Percy poked his head out of the water where Rachel, an old seagull, lived, hoping to learn more about humans and their way of life.

"Isn't this weather beautiful Grover?" Percy asked his best friend, another merman who Poseidon basically assigned to protect him from any harm.

"I guess..." Grover said, getting ancy. "Perce, Rachel isn't here. I think we should leave."

"Oh come on! Are you a scardey cat?"

Grover tilted his head. "What's a cat?"

"Long story." Percy said, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, here she comes now."

Rachel landed on the rock and looked at Percy. "Hey Seaweed Brain! How ya doing?"

"Pretty good." Percy smiled as Rachel looked over at Grover.

"Is he gonna be a scardey cat again?"

"Probably."

Rachel shrugged her feathered arms. "Wouldn't be Grover if he wasn't."

"So what have you found today?" Percy asked with excitement.

"Take a look at this..." Rachel reached into the bad she was holding with her beak and pulled out a small, silver thing with three spikes.

"That looks like my father's trident!" Percy commented.

"I call it... A dinglehopper!" Rachel announced, showing it to Percy.

"Wow!" Percy said, picking up the dinglehopper. "What's it used for?"

"Humans use it to comb their hair!"

"Really?"

"I see them eat with those things..." Grover commented.

"Their wrong!" Rachel said, pulling out a weird thing in the shape of a horn.

"What's that Rachel?"

"It's a snarfblat! Humans use it to play music!"

Grover's expression fell. "Oh no! The concert!"

Percy looked at Grover, shock growing in his head. "That was today!?"

"Yeah! We gotta go!" Grover went back under water, his green tail flipping up.

"See ya later Rachel!" Percy waved, going back under water.

By the time they made it back to Poseidon's castle, the show was a minute away from starting.

Triton looked at Percy and shook his head. "You went to talk to that stupid seagull again?"

"Rachel isn't stupid."

"The fact that you gave it a name says just as much."

"Brother!" Tyson, the youngest of the three, swam forward and hugged Percy like an octopus. "You made it!"

"Yeah yeah, now let go of me Ty!"

"You're about to go on..." Grover said, pushing Percy and Tyson forward.

"Oh no." Percy mumbled.

"You forgot the songs, didn't you?" Tyson asked, laughing.

"That's what happens when you don't go to practices." Triton grumbled.