Hazel and Frank Part 1

Third Person

Once upon a time, a year or so before Piper and Jason met, there was a merchant named Hades. Hades had three children, a son named Nico, and two daughters named Bianca and Hazel. Nico was the laziest, Bianca was the most spoiled, and Hazel was the most down to earth.

Hazel never asked for anything special like her brother Nico, who would ask for a hammock to sleep on, or her sister Bianca, who asked for everything under the sun. That all changed, however, when Hades's business burned down from raiders.

"Children!" Hades announced one day. "Since my business burned down, I'll be going out of town to sell some things and hopefully regain our wealth. Is there anything you children would like me to bring you back if I can?"

"I would like a new hammock father." Nico declared. "My old one is getting rather ratty."

"I would like a new ball gown, prettier than the ones I already have." Bianca said, picking lint off of one of her dresses.

"Father, I want nothing but a single rose." Hazel said, smiling.

"A rose?" Nico asked, confused.

"Father, just get her a dress." Bianca said, shocked that her little sister wanted something so small.

Hades nodded at his children. "What you all want, I shall get."

~•~

As Hades made his way home, he came across a beautiful rose garden, and it was then he remembered his promise to Hazel.

He tried to reach a hand through the gate, but he could barley grab one rose. Suddenly, the gate swung open. Hades got his hand out of the gate and grabbed the nearest rose.

"Who dares pick a rose from my garden!?" A voice thundered.

"F-forgive me!" Hades trembled. "I was just picking a rose for one of my daughters!"

"This kind of injustice must be served. You say you have daughters?"

"Two."

"And which one did you pick the rose for?"

"My youngest, Hazel."

"Bring Hazel here to live with me for eternity, or you must come here. You have three days to come back, either with your daughter, or by yourself. Now LEAVE!"

Hazel

"Father!" I cried, running to hug him. He quickly hugged me back.

"For you, my daughter." He handed me the rose.

"You got me the rose I asked for!" I quickly got a small vase and put the rose in it. "It's beautiful! Thank you."

"You're welcome." Father said as I noticed his grim expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Can you gather your siblings? We all need to talk."

"Father, I can tell that something's troubling you. You can tell me, I won't tell Nico or Bianca."

"Hazel, nothing's wrong. Just go get Bianca and Nico, please." Father begged. I've never seen him so stressed out before.

I ran upstairs to Nico's room. I heard snores coming from inside, shocker. I slowly crept inside. "Nico, Nico." I shook him as a loud snore came out. Drastic times call for drastic measures. I knelt down and whispered in his ear. "Dad forgot to get you a new hammock!"

Nico bolted out of bed and ran downstairs as I ran out behind him, locking the door behind me and holding the key. If I know my brother, once he finds out that I duped him, he'll come running up here. I slowly walked over to Bianca's room. "Bianca, are you in here?"

"What Hazel?" Bianca demanded.

"Father's back. He would like to speak with us."

"I'll be down in a minute."

"It sounded urgent. I think we should go down now."

"I said I'll be down in a minute."

"He got you a new dress!"

"Coming!"

Bianca raced down the stairs as I followed her.

"Hazel, why did you lock my room!" Nico complained.

I rolled my eyes. "Because Dad wanted to talk with us and the only way to make sure you stayed down here once I woke you up was to lock the door."

"Thank you Hazel, for getting everyone down here. I'm afraid I have some urgent news. I'm in a bit of trouble."

"How much trouble?" Bianca asked.

"When I picked Hazel's rose, I pucked it from a garden that a horrifying beast owned."

"A beast?" Nico asked. "Like they exist."

I glared at Nico. "Father, please continue."

"The Beast let me take the rose, but at a great cause. He gave me three days to decide whether I would go to live with him for an eternity, or if I would bring Hazel to live with him for eternity."

Everyone was silent. We didn't know how to deal with a situation like this. I stood up. "I'll go father. It's my fault that we're in this mess anyways!"

"I can't let you do that Hazel!"

"She does have a point Father." Bianca said. "If she didn't want that stupid rose, we wouldn't be in this mess! Just let her go!"

I put a reassuring hand on Dad's shoulder. "Father, I'll be fine. I want to do this."

Dad sighed. "Fine. We leave in three days time."

Sorry for the slow update!!!!!