6. Light In the Dark

After hours the boat came to a stop, and I knew what the time had brought me. Team avatar got of the boat, and I followed after Korra released me.

When we got out, Chief Beifong was there to meet us.
Great timing.

"Welcome home, Avatar. Thanks for starting a war." She said in her usual manner.
"I didn't start a war!  Well, I did, but it's more complicated than you're making it seem." Korra admided.

Lin Turned to Mako
"Mako,  I want you back on the beat. There's going to be a Southern Water Tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand." She looked around, and then caught the sight of me in handcuffs.

"What the hell happened, why is Naomi cuffed." I felt eyes on me, and I walked forward.
"I need you to arrest me." I said and looked into her eyes with shame.

"Come on now, that's crazy." She laughed.
I sighed.
"Lin. I blood bended." I looked in her eyes dead serious, and she did not believe it for a second.
"No... no no no." She grabbed my shoulders.

"Naomi, you're a great kid, you wouldn't do that." She looked at the rest of the team, and saw it in their eyes.
She got back to her posture, showing her feeling elsewhere.
"Then I have no choice... Naomi, you're hereby arrested for breaking the laws of blood bending..."

She kept going, but I didn't listen.
I knew this would lead to a hearing, which would either end up in a prison sentence for life or a death sentence.
I didn't care about the consequences, as long as I didn't hurt my friends anymore.

"I'll follow you back to the station with her." Mako said, grabbing my arm.
We then left, without me saying goodbye.

*******************************

They had locked me up.
In a cell at the station.
The cell had metalbars, so I wouldn't break out.

They locked my hands to a wall.
"I don't believe this nonsense." Lin said, leaving with hurt in her voice.
I got on last sad look from Mako, before he left me to be alone.
All alone in my cell. Only hearing the rings, radio and conversation on the station.

I heard everything the night city hall blew up.
I was terrified for the lives that would have been hurt.
Why are you always such a goody to shoes?
"Shut up" I found myself saying.

I heard Bolin's hurt and confused voice on the radio, when he was being interviewed.

I missed him. I was not afraid to admit I missed our conversation and how I always felt so secure around him. I knew he actually cared.

They all did.
That was why I hated seeing them hurt because of me.
That was the one thing reminding me why I was in here in the first place.

The next day I heard Mako found out more about the terror that had happened at city hall, of cause no one believed him.
He is a smart one. I understand what the girls see in him.
"Shut up!" Was something I found myself saying more often.

Oh come on, he's hot and you know it.
But of course you're into his sweet and helpless little brother.
I ignored her.
Oh come on, I'm all you got now!

When the president came in, and Mako told everything about Korra's plan, I had to hold back to not let her take over and get me out of here just to yell at him.
Stupid guys and their so called "loyalty". 
I would never go behind her back like he did. 
But you did

I rolled my eyes, and sadness filled up my body again. 

I heard footsteps coming my way, and I kept looking at the ceiling.
They stopped in front of my cell, and stood there for a few moments without saying a word.
I turned my head and looked at him.
Looked at Mako.