Birthday - Jihoon & Daniel

May 29th, Jihoon's birthday. Jihoon couldn't wait to celebrate it with his boyfriend, Daniel. He was expecting a surprise from Daniel as soon as Daniel came back from abroad.

"You're so late!" said Woojin while running towards Jihoon who just arrived at the rooftop. The place that they always spent thier time together.

Jihoon looked at his watch, 23:50. 10 more minutes before his birthday.

"I thought Daniel will pick me at home but he didn't answer my call." Jihoon replied, he took a seat next to Kuanlin.

Minhyun cleared his throat, "Maybe he's still in Vietnam." he spoke, standing right in front of Jihoon.

"No, he promised to come back to celebrate my birthday." Jihoon replied excitedly. He prepared himself in a cute outfit, he wore an oversized pink sweatshirt that Daniel bought for him.

Kuanlin tapped Jihoon's back, "You have us. We can celebrate your birthday together, right?" Kuanlin smiled.

Jihoon pouted, "I still want Daniel to be here. He will be here, right?" asked Jihoon, he looked at his friends who were looking anxious but Jihoon didn't feel anything strange. They were totally feeling sorry for Jihoon but Jihoon didn't even know.

"Yes, Daniel? Ah really? Okay take care,"

Jaehwan turned off his phone, "Jihoon-ah, he can't be here today." said Jaehwan without looking at Jihoon.

Jihoon giggled, everyone looked at him. "Stop it, he's here already." said Jihoon, he stood up and walked a few steps.

"What?" Jaehwan shocked.

Jihoon stopped, his smile faded. "What happened to you? You're from hospital or today's halloween day?" asked Jihoon while looking at Daniel who looked so pale in hospital outfit.

"Jihoon-ah, I'm sorry."

Jihoon was blank. "For what?"

"I lied to you. I didn't go to abroad, I actually had brain surgery and it didn't success.." Daniel replied.

"But you're here. Stop it, what are you guys planning to do? Make me look like a fool?" asked Jihoon, he tried to hold Daniel's hand but

"Obviously, I've died."

Jihoon shook his head from right to left repeatly, "N-no I didn't hold your hand yet. Don't do this to me."

"Jihoon-ah, I've died. I'm sorry I can't celebrate your birthday together. Don't hurt yourself, okay? You have our friends and you have me in your heart. You saved me in your heart, right?" Daniel smiled.

Jihoon started to tear up. He was dumbfounded. He couldn't touch Daniel. He tried to hold Daniel's hand but his hand went through Daniel's hand. He wanted to hug Daniel but he couldn't. He looked at Daniel's eyes, he missed to stare his boyfriend and joke around.

"You didn't tell me.. that you were sick."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I really wanted to survive and stay alive but what can I do? I'm sorry, Jihoon."

"Daniel-ah. D-don't go.." Jihoon was crying so hard, his chest felt heavy and hurt. He couldn't accept this.

Daniel smiled again, "Happy birthday, Jihoon. I really love you."

Daniel was getting faded, until the whole of him faded. Daniel had gone. Everything was awkward and so unfamiliar. Jihoon fell on the ground while clenching his fist on his chest. He couldn't stop crying, he couldn't stop calling Daniel's name.

Even though his friends couldn't see Daniel, but they could feel Daniel was there, talked to Jihoon and faded away.

"Jihoon-ah, um- Daniel gave this before the surgery. He told me to give this to you," Seongwu gave a small pink box to Jihoon while patting Jihoon's back gently.

With sobs, Jihoon took the box and opened it.

A silver ring and a small letter written I love you