5 | The Angel And Devil Give Advice, Even Though Alexei Isn't Christian

》The Angel And Devil Give Advice, Even Though Alexei Isn't Christian

Mitchell was elated to have a new friend. Most new campers didn't want anything to do with him, the oddball Aphrodite kid. But Natalia—Mitchell didn't even know where to begin.

Natalia was everything he looked for in a friend; kind, generous, honest, loyal, brave. She was the epitome of perfection in his eyes. She was even—dare he say it—girlfriend material.

The son of Aphrodite shook those thoughts out of his head as he walked with his sisters, Piper and Lacy, to the Dining Pavilion. Bad Mitchell! You met her, like, three hours ago! No bad thinking! You can't ruin the chance to be friends with the one girl that actually wants to!

Piper gave him an odd look. "Mitchell, are you okay? You look like you're going to be sick."

Lacy glanced over at him, looking worried. "She's right, Mitch. You seem a bit... distressed."

The two girls suddenly looked at each other and smirked. "Girl problems," they said in unison, grinning slyly.

"Who's the lucky lady?" Piper asked, her smirk not growing any smaller.

The poor guy only covered his face in embarrassment. Why did he have to be a son of Aphrodite with emotion-reading half-sisters as best friends? His answer came out as a muffled cross between a groan and a cry for help, like how his sisters said their fangirling cries sounded like when their OTPs did something stupid.

"Why am I a son of Aphrodite?"

"Because Mom decided she like your dad, and BOOM, here you are."

"Wow, Lacy. Such a great use of vocabulary."

"Pshh, like you could do any better, McLean."

"Well, I can assure you that I could, but Mitchie here has virgin ears, and we can't spoil that."

"Guys, please!" Mitchell cried out in humiliation as they neared the Dining Pavilion, afraid that other campers would catch onto their conversation and tease him for his sisters' choice of conversation topic and dragging him into it.

They gave him a somewhat apologetic look, and he knew that they got the point as they grabbed their plates and began sacrificing their food.

As Mitchell pushed some of his tortellini pasta into the pavilion sacrificial fire, he gave a silent prayer to his Mom. Hey, Mom. If you can hear me, please help me get to the point to where I can be platonically comfortable around Natalia. Or romantically.

As if she heard him, the scent of roses wafted up from the fire, and he smiled to himself, sitting down at the Aphrodite Table next to his two favorite siblings, despite how they embarrassed him basically two minutes ago.

He caught Natalia's gaze as she sat at the Unclaimed Table, which had to be set up for all the new arrivals, waving. She waved back, smiling, but her attention was turned to the little boy that sat next to her as he tried to steal a bit of her food.