24. Reverie

I was scared. Scared of losing her but it's better to lose her than letting her die because of me. Damn! Why? Why did God allow me to meet and love her if he's just going to take her away from me?

My life sucks! I should have died if I knew this is going to happen.

Dad and mom heard what happened. I don't know how but it's a serious problem. They're ashamed of my job and the one that I loved. They were never been proud of having me.

A child is someone to take care, love and cherish but what they're treating me is just an accessory. January 2017, I met with them in a restaurant, accepting their request to show up finally and have a good conversation.

"Son, we never brought you out of this world just to become a military man. "

"And who is that cheap college girl you are paying for? Does she even know who we are? How could you choose her over that mayor's daughter? I would even want her than that girl."

The conversation didn't go well as I expected. All they're thinking about is money, prestige, and honor. I realized that Brazen doesn't deserve this. After another month, I was forced to visit the mansion.

"Lei?" I was surprised to see Lei with my family. "What are you doing here?" She's surprised too and her sad expression turned bright.

"It's great to know that you're both acquainted. We won't be having a problem then." An elderly man spoke and held Lei's arm towards the dining table.

'What's going on?' I asked her through eye contact but she just smiled and crossed her fingers after taking her seat. I sighed and shake my head. I don't feel good. There's something wrong going on here.

"Victoria and Draco are really accurate when they said that their son is a good looking boy. What I expected was a man wearing a professional and business attire but you're good. I hope to have a handsome grandson as you." The elderly man smiled at me sinisterly and I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Henry. We told him to wear-"

"It's alright, Victoria. I'm impressed with your son that the beauty of my daughter will not be wasted. Let's eat." The one they called Henry prepared his spoon and plate and elegantly took a bite.

My stomach feels like it's going to burst out. I wanted to leave but I couldn't disrespect them including Lei. She looked at me and smiled but I couldn't answer the same with hers.

'No! Are they selling me to Lei's family?'

"Ehem! I have to know first if we'll be having a problem. I mean, does Scion here has a girlfriend?" Henry asked and everyone looked at me. I was going to answer 'yes' when dad interrupted.

"No, he doesn't have one so shall we proceed?" He answered for me and took a sip from his glass. I was feeling worse about my family. They will never allow me to have my happiness.

"Please excuse me, I have an important thing to do." I stood up and prepared to leave.

"Sit down, son. We're not yet done here. Where are your manners?" Mom glared at me and smiled at Mr. Henry.

"It is fine, Victoria. We can talk about this without him, am I right?" Mr. Henry grins at me saying 'you can go now.'

I left the mansion, devastated and confused. They think that I'm just a lap dog and I won't let them get the best of me.