8

You wake up a couple hours later. You're both wrapped up in the sheets and he's holding you close. You turn over and see that he's already awake.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles softly as he kisses you.

"Hello handsome. Sorry that I fell asleep after, I never got to say how good you are." You chuckle.

"It's okay. You were great as well." He starts playing with your hair.

"I'm gonna go to sleep again if you do that." You giggle.

"But you're so beautiful when you're asleep." He pouts.

"I don't get to see you when I'm sleeping though." You smile as you kiss him. He chuckles and kisses you back. "I'm just going to the toilet. I'll be as quick as I can." You wriggle out of his arms and put your underwear back on. You go to the bathroom, use the toilet and get back into bed.

"You're all cold now." He sighs softly as he pulls you close and holds you tightly. He rests his forehead on the crook of your neck and kisses your collar bone.

"Well you're warming me up." You chuckle softly. You feel him smile as he kisses your collar bone. His stubble tickles slightly. "You're tickling too."

"I'm tickling?" He mumbles again. You nod. He tries to tickle you but you get to him first. You keep tickling him and he's reduced to a laughing ball on the bed.

You climb on top of him and kiss him as you tickle him.

"You'll never win in a tickle fight against me. I'm the master!" You laugh. He squeals and giggles under you.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Stop! Stop it!" He squeals more. You stop tickling him but you keep kissing him passionately. He smiles widely and kisses you back passionately. He moves away and grins. "I love you. I'm so glad I can say that now."

"I love you too." You smile softly as you blush.

"Why are you blushing?" He chuckles. "Have I embarrassed you?"

"Yeah. A little. I just never thought that I'd fall in love with my boss." You giggle softly.

"Well. Me neither. But I'm glad I did." He smiles as he cups your face and kisses you.

"You always know what to say. How?"

"It's a gift I have. I've always had it, always will." He smiled sleepily. You smile and hold onto him tightly. You feel his shake his head.

"What're you doing?" You chuckle.

"I'm staying awake." He pouts slightly.

"You're tired. Go to sleep." He shakes his head again like a kid. "Come on." You hold him close and stroke his hair. "Go to sleep and you'll be fine."

He eventually gives in and falls asleep. You hold him tightly and kiss his cheek. He smiles softly in his sleep and snuggled closer to you. You relax and close your eyes.

You obviously fall asleep because when you wake up, a few hours have passed. You sit up from the bed and see that Alec was gone. You get dressed properly and go out to the kitchen.

"Hey." You smile sleepily.

"Hello. Did you sleep okay?" He smiles as he kisses your head.

"Yeah. I accidentally fell asleep though. Did you sleep okay?"

"Of course I did. I always sleep perfectly when I'm with you." He grins.

"Good. What're you making?" You try to peer around him but he blocks the view.

"It's a surprise. You'll have to wait." He chuckles. You groan.

"Fine. How long is it gonna be?"

"There's about 10 minutes left."

"Okay. I'm gonna wait I'm the living room" You mumble as you kiss him.

You go and get comfortable and the food is eventually ready.

"(Y/N) let's eat at the table." He smiles as he brings the plates in. You nod and sit at the table. He comes in with your favourite meal.

"Aw. This looks great. How did you know that this was my favourite?"

"I asked Ellie this morning. She told me you loved it."

"I do." You start eating it. "It tastes great."

You keep eating it. You soon finish and Alec finishes not long after.

"(Y/N)?" He clears his throat. You look up at him and smile. "Just listen to me as I say this cos it might not make sense at first. It's been like 2 months and I'm shocked I still haven't done it yet." You get worried straightaway.

"Done what yet?" You frown softly.

"(Y/N). We may have only known each other for about two months and so much has happened in that time. If someone told me a few months ago that I'd fall in love with a colleague again I would have told them to stop being so stupid and to grow up. But I'm so glad that this has happened because I've never fallen in love with a person so quickly so it's obviously meant to be. I constantly ask myself whether I deserve you because of everything you've done for me. You've made me a better person and you've made me happier. You've bought so much light to my life including Ellie the little whirlwind. I do think that I take you for granted for sometimes but I promise that I won't... Now this is going to sound really cheesy but you'll just have to deal with it. I promise that I won't take you for granted if you, (Y/N) (Y/L/N), promise to be mine and to be my girlfriend?"

You smile widely and lean over the table to kiss him.

"Of course I will, you dopey Scot." You chuckle and kiss him passionately. "I love you." You giggle between kisses.

"I love you too." He stands up from the table and pulls you close. He keeps kissing you. "I promise you, I will never let you down. I'm never ever gonna take you for granted. I don't deserve you but I won't mistreat you."

"You do deserve me. If anything you deserve more than me. But we've had this conversation many times and we can never decide so we will leave it at that. I will never let you down either." You kiss him again and he smiles.

"Thank you."

"If I'm completely honest I already thought we were official but I prefer the way you've done it." You grin cheekily.