~ 11 ~

Harley grabbed her bag and waited for Joker. Once he came down the stairs they both left his house and went into the car.

"J, I think I'm gonna go back to my house for a while." She said with a sad smile.

"Okay." He said while throwing his apple core out the window.

"That's it?" She asked, hurt. "That's all you can say."

"Okay... Harley." Joker said. "I don't care where you live either way."

"Wow, I'm not hurt, at all." She said utter sarcasm dripping from every word.

He rolled his eyes. "Pass me that bag in there!" He said to Harley referring to the back.

She passed him it and peered over. "What is it, J?"

"It's a damn banana, Harley. Not everything in life is interesting."

"Sorry." She said, not sorry at all. "J... how'd your skin get so... pale?" She asked. "I know some people are naturally pale but that's just... I love it, obviously, but... ya know?"

"I'll tell ya another day." He said while opening the window and throwing the skin out.

"Why not-"

"Cause I'm not telling ya today, Harls."

She huffed and sank in her seat, waiting for them to arrive at school.

***

"How come the teachers don't realise that you're... you?" Harley asked as they walked in.

"Cause teachers are stupid. And, after today... they definitely will." He smirked with an evil grin.

"What are you planning, Puddin'?"

"Something special... something that I can't even tell you."

"Who helped?"

"Well, you know your friend... what is it? Ed, or something? He's changed from that nerdy guy to... I don't know. But he came up with this stuff for me and, Well, today's the day to use it." He chuckled.

Harley thought for a while and she realised she hadn't seen Ed in school for a while. She hasn't seen him since, like, two weeks after his date with Kristen Kringle. Also, she hadn't seen Kristen since then either... oh well.

"Where is Ed anyway?" Harley asked.

"About." He shrugged. "I don't really know."

The bell rang signalling the first period.

Joker pushed her a little. "Go on, Harls. Get to class."

"Aren't you coming?" She smiled.

"Nope, stuff to do. People to... kill."

"J, you're not funny!" She laughed.

"Who said I was joking?" He chuckled back. "Now... go!"

She groaned and slowly walked off to class, meeting with Selina and Ivy on the way.

"Hey!" She exclaimed.

"Hey, Harley." Ivy and Selina said and the same time.

"Ugh. I hate biology."  Harley sighed.

"Harley, we're going to chemistry."

"Oh, yeah. I hate that too."

[an hour later]

The bell went off and Harley still hadn't seen Joker. They were all walking to English and sat down. 

They'd sat there for a while. There teacher was late as usual. Then once she entered the TV's switched on and the speakers buzzed.

"What was that?"  Harley asked Selina as she spun round.

"I don't know. Malfunction maybe?" Selina suggested.

"Look!" Ivy said pointing to the TV.

Harley spun back round and saw someone she knew very well on the screen.

"Testing. Testing. Can everyone hear me?" He asked as it blasted through the speakers.

"Hello, Gotham High!" Joker exclaimed. "Some of you may know me! Well, all of you do. But the real me? Some of you." He said stepping backwards so you could see all of him. "Today I've got something special planned... for all of you."

"This... is my introduction... I've had enough of school. Haven't you all? So, I hope you enjoy this." He grinned evilly. "I'd say get out but you can't. So... hahaha." He laughed right into the centre of the screen and held up a big red button. "3... 2.... 1... Harley Quinn check under your desk..." he said very quickly.

She looked under her desk just as he pressed the button. Smoke began to come out of the walls and she lifted out the gas mask and placed it over her face. Green smoke filled the room making it impossible to see.

She would've stayed behind to help Selina and Ivy but she couldn't see them. She felt her way out of the room and the hallways were covered in thick fog too.

She'd managed to get to the principal office which was a few doors done from her English class.

She walked in and quickly closed the door. Realising that it was the only room in the entire school not filled with this gas.

She threw the mask on the ground and ran over to Joker.

"J... what's going on?" She asked.

"What does it look like, Harls? I'm making myself known."

"But... what's that gas stuff?"

"Just some chemicals thrown together. It won't do anyone any real harm." He said with a grin.

"So, Selina and Ivy are gonna be okay?"

"Yes, Harley. Your friends are gonna be completely fine." He smiled. "Physically."

"What does that mean?"

He tapped his nose. "It's a secret."

"So... who made the gas."

"I told ya Nygma was helping me, didn't I?"

"But why would he-"

Joker shrugged his shoulders.

"Wanna get outta here, Harls?" He asked opening up the fire exit door in the back.

She nodded but didn't say anything. She clasped his hand as they walked out of the gas filled school.

***

Joker pulled up outside Harley's old house and Harley gave him a confused look.

"J, I said I wanted to go home. But not right now." She sighed.

"I've got stuff to do." He leaned over and opened her door. "I'll see you later, Harley."

"Ugh, Fine." She said getting out. "Bye, Puddin'."

"Buh-bye, Harley."

Harley strutted into her house, holding her handbag in one and her keys in the other.

"Mom." She called. "I'm back!"