"Run." 

He said calmly as he tensed innerly for the fight. Of course they couldn't take him down, but it would cost him valuable time to save Grace.

...

Grace had been here before. She immediately recognized the cold, wet walls of the Lockwood cellar when she woke up. Then she felt a stinging pain in her shoulder and she gasped. She peeked down to find her dress ripped and blood smeared. Carefully, she pushed the fabric aside to find the gaping bite wound. It looked terrible. Grace was in urgent need to get Nik's blood. Which was exactly what the hybrid's wanted. She was nothing more than bait. 

"Are you foolish enough to think that you can fight Nik and Elijah?" 

The young vampire spoke into the darkness, knowing that her attacker was still with her. She could feel her heart beat. 

"Your boyfriend is being taken care of. He's probably daggered by now. The rest will be easier than you think with a witch's help."

Grace clenched her hands into fists. Her upper lip curled upwards when Kim mentioned Elijah being daggered. 

"You're underestimating them. How do you think they survived a thousand years?" 

Under a huge amount of pain she tried to get up. She was in no position to fight right now, so she had to be careful. 

Kim just shrugged.

"I don't care. You know what'll be the most fun part in this? Seeing you die." 

Grace frowned. She never had done anything to her. Since they were turned, Grace always tried hard to stay away from the hybrids, even if Klaus had told them to do everything she says. But maybe Kim was jealous, because Grace was the one that was put above all. While the hybrids had been slaves to Klaus, Grace had a huge amount of power, let alone that she always kept her free will. 

"Kim, they'll be here any second now. You're unsired, why don't you just run?" 

A laugh was her answer and it played with Grace's temper. 

"Revenge is everything I have left. There's no place I can go to. Klaus killed my whole pack. Now with that heightened vampire sense shit and all...We can't kill him, because of that sireline thing, but we can hurt him by killing you. And we can turn him down so the world finally gets rid of that monster." 

Grace shook her head sighing, knowing that there was no way to talk sense into the hybrid. Kim couldn't control her emotions, that's why she was stupid enough to try and fight the Originals. Maybe she was better off dead. 

She turned around and slowly paced through the cellar when her eyes suddenly fell on an objected hidden in the shadows. Being so occupied with inspecting the hybrid bite, she didn't even notice that a coffin was in this room, close to a wall. 

"Oh my god." 

Her eyes went wide open. Nik had lied to her all the time. Rebekah must be in it, no one else could be. She never had went away to stay away from her brother. All this time she had been daggered, again. Nik really had done this. Did this fool never learn?

When she wanted to walk towards the coffin, she felt Kim grabbing her arm, but all of a sudden, the hybrid's body fell to the floor limply. Elijah stood behind the corpse and let her heart fall to the ground. His eyes were on her and relief flooded both of them. The white shirt of his suit and his hands were splattered with blood.

Grace fell into his arms and hugged him tightly, immediately relaxing a bit. For a second she really had been afraid that the hybrids managed to dagger him, but she should've known that he easily could take them down on his own.