She suddenly felt eyes on her and saw that some of the hybrids were staring at her. Elijah looked down to her when she squeezed his hand.

"There's something wrong with the hybrids." 

Her voice was so low that her lips barely moved, so only Elijah could hear her. But she faked a wide smile to keep their watchers from being suspicious. 

"I've noticed it, too." 

They seemed to circle the couple and Elijah straightened his suit jacket, something he always did when he was preparing to fight. Grace searched the crowd for Nik, but he was nowhere to be seen. 

"They won't attack in the middle of this. Even hybrids aren't that stupid." 

The Original's eyes darted between the hybrids that now where distancing again. 

"I wouldn't count on that." 

Grace then caught sight of Hayley who nervously waved for the young vampire to come over. 

"Excuse me." 

She whispered and walked towards the werewolf. Grace could feel Elijah's confused eyes on her, but she ignored it for now. Hayley led her into the restroom, the women double checked if they were alone. 

"The hybrids are unsired. They want to capture you to lure Klaus into the woods and take him down." 

Grace then realized how stupid it was to move an inch away from Elijah's side. Together they were stronger, she couldn't protect herself from a bunch of hybrids. The oldest Gilbert already heard steps coming towards the restroom. 

She had no chance to escape anymore, but she needed to get Hayley out of here so she could warn Nik or Elijah. Grace needed to keep the hybrids busy for a while. 

"You climb through the window and immediately warn Klaus or Elijah. Now!" 

Her voice raised as the wolf girl hesitated, but just as the door to the restroom flew open, Hayley had fled. Kim, that nasty gal that she never could stand, walked inside and Grace flashed her a challenging grin. 

"Ready to die, princess?" 

The hybrid snarled and attacked her immediately. There was barely no space to move in here and Grace did the best she could to distract the hybrid for a while. She even managed to crash Kim's skull into the mirror, but suddenly the hybrid buried he fangs into her neck and from then on it went downhill for the vampire. Grace screamed when she was bitten and the shock didn't make it any better. She was thrown to the ground and Kim broke her neck in one swift movement.

...

Most of the guests had went inside the grill and Elijah was starting to get worried about Grace. Something had happened to her, he felt it. Just as he was about to go inside and look for her, this werewolf girl came running towards him. She was out of breath which kept her from speaking, but the look in her eyes told him it was urgent. 

"Hybrids...have Grace...unsired...want to take Klaus down." 

The girl panted, now she had Elijah's full attention. He asked himself why she was telling him this, if he remembered right, she was a close friend of Tyler Lockwood who definitely was involved in this. 

"Where is she?" 

His dark eyes bore into hers, his voice nearly a growl. When it came to Grace's safety, he didn't bother with being polite. 

"I...I don't know. She told me to find you and then Kim came in..." 

But Elijah didn't really listened to her words anymore. His eyes fixated on the five hybrids that came walking towards him. He pushed the werewolves behind him.