23 ⁞ ridin' round

Start from the beginning

"Foster care is out of the question," Ethan adds. I look over at him with my eyebrows furrowed wondering what his deal was.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Milwaukee." Mandy states.

"Road trip, we will help," Lip says, and Mandy hugs him. I look over to Ethan who shrugs to me.

Mandy grabs her phone and starts walking out to the car and Lip follows to make sure it's really okay to drive long distances. I grab Ethan's wrist stopping him from his tracks.

"What are you doing?" I bark at him.

"What do you mean?" He scoffs.

"Helping Mandy with serious family issues? Are you two that serious?" I cross my arms looking up at him, and he rolls his eyes.

"Okay, I get it. It's your turn to be protective. It's just the right thing to do El."

"And where is she staying? Not at our house, I hope."

  "Yes, that's exactly where. She's not going to Mandy's because her father likes to molest his daughters. Besides you're too busy here anyways." He starts to walk off, and I stop him again.

  "You sure you know what kind of signals you're sending to Mandy?" I ask, and he scoffs again walking out the house.

  I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. I turn around to grab my things seeing Ian drinking a glass of orange juice. Little nosey fuck.

  "Maybe you were a little too hard on him," Ian says, and I roll my eyes.

  "I just don't want Mandy to get hurt. My brother isn't the best with the ladies." I throw my bag over my shoulder. "You coming with?"

  "Nah I'm going to meet up with someone."

  "Okay well, I better meet him soon!" I yell out before slamming the door behind me.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

  We drive all the way to Milwaukee and pick up Mandy's half-sister. We went to Milkovich to Milkovich to see if anyone can take her in and there was no hope. I grew annoyed at the whole situation. Ethan was quite known to be involved with someone, and as soon as they leach on, he drops them.

I look at the rear view mirror seeing Mandy fast asleep in Ethan's arms and Mandy's half-sister looking out the window.

"So when are you going to tell me what's up with you?" Lip breaks the silence.

"Why would you say that?" I scrunch my nose and look over to Lip.

"You're quiet." He adjusts himself in the seat to take out a cigarette.

"Just thinking."

"Thinking about?" I can hear his lighter spark.

"About how Ethan is going to play house with Mandy," I whispered trying not to wake them up in the back.

Lip ashes his cigarette and looks at the back seat, "They're kinda cute."

"They're cute until Ethan fucks up." I scoff and keep my eyes forward.

"Then let him fuck up! Sometimes you gotta let people fuck up so they can learn." Lip blows out ribbons of smoke out the cracked window.

I thought about how he learned from his mistake from our last fight. He looks out the window watching the sun begin to set.

"You know I hate it when you're right," I smirk, and he lets out a cute chuckle.

"Everyone does." And he takes another pull.