Chapter 3

The next morning, Jen woke to a shiny, for-sure-to-be good day.

She put the quilts of her bed off, but just enough not to wake Ava, her fluffy, white, small dog, who was still sleeping, curled up on the edge of the bed.

It wasn't a normal day. Her alarm hadn't gone off (neither it had to) and it just felt weird again not filming. It always happened to Jen when finishing a show or a season of a show. She always had the time of her life with her family and enjoyed herself a lot, but acting and recently directing had got to be such a key role in her life it was awkward not doing it.

It was 9:00 AM.

She put on a tank top and shorts, put her hair into a bun  and left for the outside.

Every saturday and sunday she'd go jogging. She wanted to stay fit and loved sports.

She hadn't slept very much that night and had big eyebags, but hadn't cared, just put on some miraculous make up and solved it all up.

Jogging made her drift away, and to be relaxed. She wanted to forget about everthing.

~End of the flasback~

She was staring at the wall, lost in thought, confused and in the verge of a breakdown.

She felt she had betrayed Colin and hers friendship, and though she felt she had taken a load off her mind, and had just felt so happy when Colin said she loved her back, she knew nothing could happen, and that she should get out of the way.

Helen's pregnancy went back and forth through her head and felt even more terrible.

If she hadn't just kissed him and hadn't given in....

But it didn't matter, regret was unuseful and that was the best thing she could do: to tell Adam and Eddy that if the series got renewed she wouldn't be joining the rest of the cast. She'd been thinking about leaving it not, due to all the stress, time difference and taking so many planes, but that horrible, unforgivable mistake had made her opted for leaving Once, just for Colin's and her sake.

Though she felt very bad for the fans, which she truly loved and adored.

But things had got out of hand. She was an actress, a professional and couldn't belive that she hadn't been able to handle the situation.

A week later, it had been all sorted.
She told Adam and Eddy, who tried to change her mind but couldn't and agreed to be at least in one more episode if the series got renewed.

They decided not to let the world know until the second half of season 6 was entirelly broadcasted.

Colin was already back in Ireland when it happened. Adam and Eddy were staying in Vancouver for a few weeks more, and Jen took advantage of that to talk to them.

Afterwards, she flew to L.A and tried to forget about Colin O'donoghue, but knew she was being a coward, not telling him about her decision.

Finally, on 8th May, as season 6 was reaching to an end, as she had agreed with Adam and Eddy, she posted on every social media she was leaving the series.

~Colin's house, in Ireland~

Colin was brushing his teeth.

It was early in the morning, just one day like another in May, and was getting ready to wake Evan up for school.

Lately, it had became his duty since Helen's pregnancy wouldn't allow her to do almost nothing.

Since Colin went back to Ireland, the distance between them had become more evident and he kept on wondering why they just hadn't figured out things before, so now they both would be fine.

He longed for Jen, and hated that she wouldn't call him, nor answer his phonecalls, he knew something was wrong, but didn't know what.

He pulled up the car at the sideway when getting home from carrying Evan to school, entered the house and went straight to check on Helen.

She was laying on bed, reading a book.

Colin approached, put the book down and kissed her.

-"How're you feeling?"

-"Good", she just said.

Colin frowned and got out of the room, surrendered.

He pulled out his phone, scrolled through instagram and couldn't help to feel incredibly dissappointed and sad.

Jen, her best friend, the woman he had fallen in love with, was leaving the series. And in fact, Adam and Eddy had just told the whole cast the series had been renewed and that they would tell the world in a few days.

He thought that Jen obviously would have known that since a long time ago. And he eventually got mad and felt betrayed, because she told her everything.

He was not going to be able to shoot a whole season without her.

"No way", he thought, "No fucking way".

He dialed her phone and, once again, she didn't answer.

He then knew exactly what to do, and didn't give a damn about anything else. He was aware it was the craziest idea ever, but didn't care.

~Next day~

Colin had left Helen with her mother, who'd take her care of her, packed up his things and drove off to the airport.

He wasn't willing to let Jen to get away with this, and had to see her.

When his plane landed in L.A, he was very stressed, not knowing exactly what he would tell her. But he owed him an explanation.

~Jen's house~

Jen had read every single comment of her fans, every reaction to her leaving and was in tears.

She still was impressed how a show could have affected so many lives and about how everyone showed her so much love (and hate as well).

-"You see, Ava, mommy is very annoying", she laughed between sobs.

Suddendly, someone knocked on the door. She wasn't expecting anyone, sp she was curiouse to know who could be.

But what she would have never imagined was to find Colin O'Donoghue there.

Heyyy, I know this chapter was short of sad, but things will get better, you'll see.
I didn't make up Helen's pregnancy, for those who still don't know, she gave birth in May this year to Millie O'Donoghue :).