Chapter 1

She'd been pondering it several days. She knew it was one of the hardest decisions she'd have to take in her whole life.

Once upon a time. That was the only thought going, and swirling back and forth through her head.

It had gotten to be the most important part of her life. But not for the show itself, for what it had given her all those 6 years: friends that she knew would last for a lifetime, one year with a sort of passionate but toxic romance and....him.

She would never trade a day. He had made an impression on her since the very first day, and gave her goosebumps whenever she called her "Blondie" or touched her.

They'd grown very fond of each other, mostly her. But she never would have thought such an innocent crush at the beginning would lead to such an special friendship and desire to be something else, but held back her feeling for respect, fear and because she was married.

Yes, indeed he was. To a kind, beautiful and humble woman since they were 18, and her, Jen Morrison, could never change that.

Besides, what was she compared to his wife?

Worst of all, his wife was one of her closest friends. And everytime she thought about her deep, genuine but passionate feelings for Colin, she cringed, shaming on herself.

Colin O'Donoghue. The man she loved.
But, for that love she'd screwed up everything.

She had never seen herself in such an emotional crossroad. The normal thing would have been calling Ginny, her bestfriend, to help her. But in this case, she was on her own.

~Flashback~

-"And, cut!", Adam yelled. "That's a wrap for season 6!".

The cast had filmed what would most probably be the last scene ever of Once upon a Time.

They still hadn't had a meeting with ABC to renew the series and most of the contracts with the cast ended that season. Ginny and Josh had announced just some weeks before they needed more time to devote to their children and that they had to leave the show.

Jen had felt devastated, but knew they would keep in touch.

But up to them, the rest had agreed to take part in season seven if the series got renewed.

Jen went up to her trailer, willing to take off her Emma Swan clothes when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around and bumped into a couple of ocean eyes.

"This man will be the death of me eventually", she thought and started breathing nervously.

Colin just stared at her, until Jen broke the atmosphere.

-"So...Wanna come to starbucks with me? I'm dead hungry", she then facepalmed herself internaly.

Colin smirked, scratched his ear and said:

-"Yeah, of course. Let's get going".

-"Colin, we are still on our character clothes", jen laughed.

Colin blushed.

-"Oh, yeah, truth is I hadn't noticed".

-"Don't worry, I understand. Head off to your trailer and we'll meet here in 5 minutes".

Colin nodded and went off to his.

He was afraid Jen would leave Once. She had already told him she was exhausted, and tired of flying to L.A and then back to Vancouver, that Adam and Eddy demanded her a lot...
And last but not least, this had been her last year of contract with the series. There could be a chance she'd just leave and he couldn't handle that. He was curious and definitely needed to know in what way she standed.

Some minutes later, they met where they had settled and headed off to their favorite place ever (appart from set).

They ordered some food, and just had their normal laughs, and eventually, the conversation got to a point both of them where looking forward to.

-"So, what're you planning on doing these holidays"?, Colin asked, stuttering a little bit.

Jen looked into Colin's eyes.

-"Ummmm, besides still going to cons, festivals and promoting my first movie, I guess not pretty much. What about you?

-"I guess I'll go to back to Ireland", Colin almost whispered.

Jen caught see of that particular expression Colin had when he was trying to hide something, but as funny (not very) as it seems, though he was an amazing actor, there were certain things he couldn't pretende he wasn't feeling.

Jen and Colin knew each other very well, always cheered themselves up and trusted each other with their life, so Jen knew exactly what to do.

-"Hey, you okay?", Jen asked him, worried. She lifted his chin and caressed his cheek. But suddenly realised what she was doing and backed off.

-"Jen, I just can't stand this uncertainty. I feel ridiculous worrying so much. You know, I'm pretty much of a grown up", he joked.

Jen smiled.

-"I know and moreover, such a spicy gentleman".

Colin laughed and raised his eyebrows.

-"You know, the series isn't probably going to get renewed, and in case it did..."-he tripped over his own words.

-"Is that even a question? Of course I would stay".

-"Well, I didn't exactly had the time to.."

-"Just shut up, dork!", Jen said, laughing so hard. She adored that man.

He felt so stupid for having worried so much and for having acted in such a ridiculous way.

She, on the contrary, smiled even harder just by thinking he could possibly be reciprocate to her feelings.

"Don't be silly, Jen. He just cares about  you as a friend", she reminded to herself.

But, if so, why was he blushing all the way?

Jen's heart couldn't had beaten faster by then.

Her eyes beamed.

Their eyes met, and they were both thinking the same thing: "But, after the cons, if the series doesn't get renewed, will I ever see you again"?

And suddenly, it happened.

Their faces were at inches. Jen broke the distance and kissed him slowly. He closed his eyes and they both didn't realize they still were in a public place.

Anything mattered, but them, until Jen realized it was wrong and pushed him away.

-"Colin, I shouldn't have done that, I...."

She'd never felt so insecure before. That wasn't like her. She wanted to ran away but her legs wouldn't let her.

Hiii, my name is Sofía and this is my first Colifer ff. Yes, don't kill me, please. I know this chapter was very heartbreaking and probably the next chapter will be as well, but I love Colifer, so obviously they'll end up together.
Feel free to comment.