Chapter 22 - [ Without You]

Start from the beginning

I turn my phone on and I got missed calls from Sojin, Jimin and Jin Oppa. No Taehyung. Is he not going to beg for my forgiveness? Did I really mean that little to him? Is this all really just a deal for him? I let out an awfully sad chuckle. This hurts, the fact that I thought he could be so kind and funny which makes him 10 times more charming than before, the fact that I care for him more than he deserves and the fact that I have fallen for him and I can't seem to get out of it. I never notice how much my feeling has grown for this single man.

I wake up the next day and thank god it's Saturday. Taehyung supposed to take me somewhere today, I even planned on what to wear days before, my heart continues to ache. I need to get some air, staying home won't help me get over Taehyung. I call Sojin to see if she's free today, but as always, she is with Jimin, she asked if I was okay and I tell her that I am, she almost ditches Jimin for me, but I tell her that it's okay and laugh it off before ending the call.

Well, I could just go on my own then. I put on some tiny bit of makeup for my puffy dark eyes from the lack of sleep. I walk out my door greeted by my family. I took a deep breath, hiding my pain away to sound as cheerful as ever. "I'm leaving for a bit." I say to my mom before walking out the door.

My eyes stop at Taehyung's apartment door and I find myself frozen, staring right at his door. I wonder if he is in there right now. I shake away my thought and continue walking. I decide to go to the mall to buy myself some more clothes or maybe some more concealer because I might need it. I regret going to the mall when I arrive, it's too crowded and noisy. I just hope that I won't bump into anyone I know. My life couldn't get any worse than it already is right now.

I walk around for awhile, silently cursing every couple that walks by. Maybe I should just go to a place with fewer people, like the Library, yes, I can maybe grab a book and try to get immersed in it. 

"Noona!" When I am about to leave, someone calls me from behind, I turn around to find Jungkook walking towards me, waving. It seems that he is with a bunch his high school friends. Wow, such eye candies. My subconscious says and I mentally slap myself. But honestly, all of them looked like they came straight out of magazines. High Schooler these days knows what they're doing. I wish I am this stylish back then.

"Oh, Jungkook-ah." I give him a forced smile and he smiles back sweetly, showing his teeth. "Noona, are you alone?" Jungkook asks.

"Yes I am, but I am about to go back right now."

Jungkook nods, "Wait here okay Noona?" he tells me and without question, I follow his orders. He jogs back to his friends and back to me. "Alright let's go!" Jungkook says with a big smile.

I look at him wide-eyed. "Go where?" 

"Just follow me." He walks in the direction of the arcade.

 Did he want to take me to the arcade? "How about your friends?" I pointed back at the group. 

"I told them that they can go first and I will meet them later. Now come on Noona!" Jungkook grabs my wrist and pulls me to the arcade. "Come try this one." He drags me to sit on a race car game and I laugh at him. "Jungkook, you have no idea how many times I've beaten my brother at this childish game." I challenge him and he scoffs. "Are you challenging the ever so great Jeon Jungkook?!" He sits down on the next seat beside mine and slides in his gaming card. "Oho, you just made a huge mistake Noona, cuz I won't go easy on you." He smiles cockily, scrunching his nose in such an adorable way. 

45 minutes have passed and My winning streak so far is 5 and Jungkook: NONE 

I sigh as I finished the last game and Jungkook had such a baffled look on his face. "What?! I lost again?" He looks at me as if he just lost his favorite blanket. "Noona! You didn't tell me you're a god at this. I feel so hurt right now."