5

*CHARLIES POV*
I hung up the phone with Vic, still on my bathroom floor, and started to cry. If Vic hadn't called me, I would have relapsed. I finally gathered myself off the floor and changed into pajamas. I walked upstairs and laid down, wanting sleep to take me on.

I woke up to a raindrop on my forehead.
"What the fuck?"I groaned, feeling my forehead. I looked around, realizing there was water leaking through the roof. I ran downstairs and grabbed some buckets and pans, and placed them where the water was leaking.

I jumped up as my phone ran. Guessing that it was Vic, I answered without checking the ID.

"Hola."Vics voice said through the speaker.

"Hey."I said, my voice rough from all the choking and just waking up.

"Jesus fucking christ Charlie you sound like Gollum."

"Ha ha."I said sarcastically, putting on my only clean clothes.

My father said he would do the laundry because of all the...substances on my dress and other clothes. Luckily, it was a Green Day T-shirt and regular black jeans.

"Well when are you coming over?"

"I'll be there in like 15 minutes."I said as I slipped on some wristbands and bracelets to cover my scars, and my vans.

"You sure you don't want me to pick you up? It's raining pretty hard."

"No I'll be fine, rain never bothered me."I said sighing, looking at all the containers holding rain in my room.

"Okay. Bye Char."

"See ya Vic." I put my hair into a ponytail and didn't bother to do any makeup besides covering up the bruises.

I grabbed my phone, charger, and ran to Vic's house as fast as possible. When I got there, I was soaked and cold. I knocked on Vic's door and he answered after a minute of me standing in the rain. He was eating a bagel, but once he saw me he put it down, and brought me inside.

"Retard you're soaked!"He said, shutting the door. I nodded, my teeth chattering.

"Where's your jacket?"

"L-Laundry." He took me by the arm and into his room.

He scrambled through his closet and threw me his black sweatpants and tie-dye sweatshirt.

"T-Thanks."I said, starting to walk towards the bathroom to change. I changed into his clothes, and placed my wet ones into a plastic bag. When I walked back into Vic's room, he was on his bed tuning his guitar, finishing his bagel of course.

"Play something for me?"I asked, sitting across from him on the bed. Vic nodded, and strummed before thinking.

"What would you like me to play?"

"One of your songs from your band."Vic smiled, and started to play some notes.

"Freeze
It's time to take you home,
it feels so early but I promised I would bring you to your door.
Now our lips are numb!
As we walk, sharing warm alcohol
That kiss tastes like summer.
I hope you like the stars I stole for you,
One hundred million twinkle lights in neon blue.
I'll be the brightest someday!
I'll be the brightest, you'll see!
Don't rain on my parade, it's gonna glow in the dark.
I like it better when you can't keep warm.
Don't ruin a perfect thing, a perfect thing.
The boy on the blue moon dreams of sun.
Now as the rain falls like shattered pieces of glass from the sky,
we bleed like water colors and drunken pastels down the stairways.
And I ask myself, why do I still pray?
When will it end? And who fucking cares?
I swear to God I did what I could.
I practically begged you, I pretended everything was fine.
A soul sacrifice, an American nightmare.
I'd rather be dead."