Chapter 12: Infiltration

Disclaimer: I do not own Elsword or the characters in the game.

Despite the preparations everyone had to make for the night operation, Chung remained in bed under Eve's orders. Claiming to be making necessary adjustments, much of Chung's time was spent under the care of Moby and Remy. As the sun began to set, Eve finished her adjustments to Chung's body and allowed him to gear up.

"So we're done, then?" Chung asked Eve as he strapped his armor on.

"Not quite," Eve said, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall. "Even though they need you, you're still running a fever from the alloy still holding your bones together. The only reason you haven't been feeling hot is my nanomachines regulating your body temperature. As a warning, since you have a fever, you will fatigue more quickly out there. On top of that your spine will be enduring a lot of stress in combat so I've taken the liberty in reinforcing your bone structure."

Chung sighed as he stood, taking his destroyer and holstering his revolvers. At least he didn't have to use the crutches, he thought.

A series of reds and yellows trickled in his mind and he nodded at Eve. "Who knows? Maybe your reinforcements to my bones will be better in the long run."

Greys, pinks, and greens. The prince shook his head as he lead her out of the medbay. "Yeah, right. I'm just trying to be positive. It's the first time in two weeks since I've been of use to anyone."

More colors swirled in his mind.

The prince stopped and turned to face the Nasod. She looked as straight-faced as ever yet under that layer of synthesized skin was a personality he never knew existed until he was injected with her nanomachines. He still saw her as a machine-an annoying selfish one at that-but he couldn't ignore what she had done for him. "Look. I'm... thankful for you putting me back together, okay? But being associated with you the way I am? The way you're constantly recording my thoughts and barging into my business? I'd rather do without the invasion of privacy. So as soon as I'm fully healed, please... please remove these nanomachines. Okay?"

It didn't look like Eve understood and her thoughts pushing its way into his brain only confirmed it.

Chung sighed and stepped closer to the Nasod, close enough to force her to lean back slightly. He brought his right hand to her face and gently poked her on the cheek. Fire red flooded his mind and he raised his left hand just in time to catch Eve mid-slap.

"Don't touch me!" they both said in unison. Cyan eyes locked with golden ones. Eve's golden orbs slowly widened as she realized what he meant.

He let her go and turned away from her, continuing walk to the airship's disembarking platform.

Hot blues and prickly yellows. He hated this feeling the most, for some reason. It resonated with him a little too much.

"Understood," Eve muttered before taking off after him.

"Chung! There you are!" Syrel waved as he and the Nasod approached the blacksmithing area.

Much like the last time he visited, the air was thick with dust and the heat from the forge could be felt well before he even entered. The Velder blacksmiths were hammering away at the last bit of orders for the next assault but Horatio sat at a workbench waiting expectantly for Chung. Flanked at both sides were Frida and Syrel with a mountain of cannon parts set on the workbench before them.

"Hey, Syrel, Frida, Horatio," Chung said with a wave as he set the cannon on the workbench. "What are we adding to my cannon, today?"

The old blacksmith patted the cannon and looked at the parts on the bench. "Today? You're going to be happy with what you're getting today, Prince Chung. You'll be getting standard military tech that the Hamel Knights used to use."