“Is it?” she used a light tone. “If something does happen, I’ll just have you take responsibility.” Heath’s eyes widened from the meaning behind those words and Claire chuckled from his surprise. “You’ll do that, right?”

There was a sudden spark in his eyes before he nodded with no hesitation. “Yes.”

“Then everything’s fine.” Claire gently said as she leaned towards him and pressed a kiss to his lips. Heath immediately responded and kissed her back. His tongue slipped into her mouth and he advanced, forcing Claire to lay back down on his bed.

Claire murmured against his lips as she reached up to run her fingers through his hair. She opened her eyes and stared at Heath’s face. His eyes were closed as he drowned himself into their kiss.

However, something caught her attention at the corner of her eyes. The alarm clock that was beside Heath’s bed. It read 12:14.

With no remorse, Claire shoved Heath’s face away from hers and stared with horror at the time.

“I’m late.” She gasped. “I’m late for work!”

Heath was unaffected by her harsh treatment and just leaned back up on his elbow. “You are at work. Besides, you’re constantly doing overtime. It’s okay if you start working in the afternoon a few days of the week.”

“It’s not okay! The latest I’ve ever come to work was ten in the morning! It’s the afternoon right now!” Claire stood up from the bed and Heath stared at her naked body with captivated eyes. “Shower! I need to shower!”

“Should we take one together?” Heath suggested. Claire glared at him from over her shoulder, and he chuckled. “That’s a no.”

Claire ignored Heath’s self-muttering and quickly said, “I’m borrowing your shower!” Then she rushed out and he heard the bathroom door slam shut, along with the very loud click of the door’s lock.

After she finished, she dashed back into Heath’s bedroom with a towel around her body.

Luckily for Claire, her clothes were still clean and nothing happened to them. Though they were slightly wrinkled, they were still in wearing condition. Claire paid no attention to Heath’s heated gaze as she quickly got dressed.

As she buttoned up her shirt, she turned to look at Heath and saw that he was still in bed, leaning on one elbow while staring at her. His eyes were running up and down her body and it was obvious what he wanted.

“Make sure you get straight to work as well.” She simply said as she picked up her stockings.

Claire stared at them for a second before she rolled them up and stuffed them into the pockets of her skirt. Afterwards, she looked around and found her belt before looping it around her waist as well.

“Yes ma’am.” Heath replied lazily as Claire slipped on her heels and smoothed her clothes the best she could.