Chapter 19

Thanks Ellie_Renee for the banner at the side!!!

-------------------------------------------->

Tori laughed before she kicked the side of Charlie’s head. “Serves you right, asshole!” she stuck her tongue out at him and Claire watched with flat eyes at how immature her friend behaved.

“Knock it off, Tori. He’s already unconscious anyway.” Claire said, taking a hold of Tori’s shoulder and pulling her a few more feet away from Charlie’s body. He was completely out, but Claire didn’t feel guilty about what she did. After all, he acted on violence first.

Her friend turned to her and took out a handkerchief from her bag before she wiped Claire’s chin from the dribble of blood that was stained on her skin. “You shouldn’t have done that.” Her voice went serious. “I was the one who triggered his anger. You should’ve just let me be hit.”

“I could never allow you to get hurt.” Claire argued, flinching as Tori continued to dab against her chin. “Besides, I’m tougher than you and you know it.”

Tori scoffed. “I’m two years older than you! I’ve had my own experience with getting a punch or two in the face.”

Claire stiffened. That was news to her. “Who?”

Her friend grinned. “What? Are you going to flip them onto a table and knock them unconscious as well?”

Before she could answer, the two of them heard gasps come from the doorway, but they were expecting that. Claire looked to see that two employees were standing there, staring at the scene before them.

One of them immediately sped off to who-knew-where, but Claire didn’t mind as she told the other one, “Go and get security and a clean-up crew.”

The employee nodded firmly before she also ran off.

“Look at you.” Tori joked before patting her friend on the shoulder. “Might as well call this hotel your own!”

Claire chuckled. “I’m fine with being second-in-command.” That reminded her of Heath and she mentally groaned. How was she going to explain this to him?

Just then, Tori sighed and fiddled with her cellphone in her hands. “Guess I’ll have to tell daddy dearest about this. Hopefully he doesn’t mind.”

“Don’t you have someone else to worry about more?” Claire mentioned, making Tori bite her bottom lip with a sour look on her face.

“Right.”

Quick footsteps were heard approaching the room they were in and Claire looked at the doorway to tell the employees to clean up the room. Only…it wasn’t the employees.

It was Heath.

Claire stiffened as he entered the room with wide eyes and ragged breathing. His eyes immediately fell onto the unconscious Charlie before they looked up at Claire. When he saw the bruise on her left cheek and the dried blood on her chin, Heath’s jaw clenched and his eyes darkened.