Chapter 25: Final Stretch

A day later Yina finally started to pull herself from the depths of darkness.  Grunted she lifted herself up, pain facing from her shoulder.  "O right."  She muttered sliding up against the stone wall to lean against it.  Muted light filtered through the mist into the cave, Tyn was standing at the entrance.  

Hearing her moving about he quickly raced back inside sliding to his knee.  "Thank goodness.  I was so worried."  He exclaimed relieve flooding his face.  "Nyssa."  He yelled, Yina herself looked around noticing that the dragon was not there.  

Lifting her leg up with great effort, it felt like it weighed a ton.  Yina slammed the foot into Tyn's chest sending him flying out into the mist.  She could hear his body tumble across the ground a bit.  "That was for stabbing me."  She growled trying to readjust her body.  

"Told you Nyssa."  A pain voice stated from outside as the dragon sauntered in her wing still hurt but a makeshift splint held the wing in place.  A few minutes later Tyn covered in mud crawled back into the cave rubbing his chest.  

Lightly Nyssa hit Yina on the leg with her tail.  "Be nice, it was my idea anyways."  The dragon sent as she laid down next to Yina.  

"Looks like you grew a bit."  Yina muttered using her good arm to lightly run her hands across the water covered scales. 

"Thanks to our time as lightning."  Nyssa replied nuzzling Yina, being careful not to upset her arm.   Silence fell between the group for a while as they just sat there grateful to all be alive.  Yina found it strange to be dry after the last few days hiking in the rain.  

Tyn became agitated by the silence but somehow did not want to ruin it so he started to pack up everything that he could.  Halfway through cleaning up he put a pot over the low fire and started to mix together some things.  Shortly after he poured a bowl of the stuff and carried it over to Yina.  

"You need to eat, you have been unconscious for over a day.  I bet you are starving."  Afraid a similar act of violence was going to happen he kept his distance handing her the bowl and spoon.  Rolling her eyes Yina grabbed the bowl and stared at it, waiting for it to cool off.  

Watching in anticipated Tyn sat there eating some of the dried meat they had.  Yina determining that it should be cool enough to eat took a bite and was mildly surprised.  "Wow, this actually tastes like food."  She muttered taking a few more bites of it.  

"Well the meat is fresh, me and Nyssa caught a few rabbits.  She also knew what a few of the herbs in the area were and so we collected them for seasoning."  He exclaimed smiling at the dragon.  The two had fared quite well for themselves.  

Trying to suppress the shock she spooned in more food until the bowl was completely gone holding it out for seconds.  With a smile Tyn filled the bowl up three more times before the bottomless pit known as Yina was content.  

"Are you able to move, we need to leave as soon as possible.  Whatever lead we had, we probably lost."  Tyn muttered as he returned from outside with a freshly clean bowl and pot placing it into one of the packs.  

It was painful for Yina to get up, but she refused the helped offered to her by either Nyssa or Tyn.  Reaching inside she felt hollow, most of her magic was still depleted from being stabbed by the sword.  Even with a full night of recovery it had yet to really start to replenish itself.  

"Nyssa, why is my magic taking so long to come back?"  Yina asked as the group started to march through the mist again, her entire body becoming soaked almost instantly again.  She hated the rain, and now had a reason to fear storms.