"What about his parents?" Every parent wants good for their child so I did not understand what the dean was trying to say.

"His parents are the main villain of his life. They do not want the surgery. Simply saying that it will affect his career." Dean ridiculed the patient family.

"Have you talk to the hospital committee?" I feel bad for the boy whose parents couldn't differentiate good from the bad.

"I will place it in today's meeting." Hopefully, there is a chance to save him.

"Are they unknown about the success rate of the surgery?" There are still some chances that he does not need to lose his both legs.

"They do not care about chances. They only want some pain reliever. Dr.Kim has denied to sign the discharge paper so they are still in the hospital trying to take the boy out of here." If the hospital committee doesn't take some action then the boy's life would be pitiful.

"Dr.Kim will give you the patient's case history. Go through it and you will assist the surgery. And remember he is the director's grandson and it's him who appointed you." I knew it, the patient is someone with the powerful background so this much consideration is giving.

"I will try my best." I agreed to the surgery and get up from the sit.

"And Dr.Shalifa. Congratulations on your promotion. I wasn't here that day." Dean said while putting on his spectacles.

"Thank you, Dean." I smiled politely and waited to be dismissed.

"Reghen were highly impressed of you and they as well we are proud to have a doctor like you. Mr.Reghen sure knows how to appreciate someone." Dean mumbled praising the Reghens and I remembered the old man whose surgery I had performed a few weeks ago.

So, he was the reason behind my sudden promotion?! Dr.Freida knew about it so she had spoken ill of me in front of the hospital staff.

"Dr.Shalifa you may go back. I will ask someone to bring the report for you." Dean dials a number on the desk phone and I nodded walking towards the door.

It's been two days since the sudden promotion which has created a wave in my life. I thought it was due to my skills but no it was the payback from some rich brat. I have just done what a doctor should have done yet he thought I was doing him some favor.

What does he think of me?

It would have been okay if he has just said thank you and maybe say few words of appreciation. But the big shot has to show his power and made me feel inferior.

Wait! He is having some ill intention towards me as I remembered slapping him hard on his right cheek. And he didn't get the chance to took action against me.

If he is really going to take his revenge on me then thinking about the peaceful week I have had and the promotion, he might have forgotten about it and really wanted to appreciate me. But his way of doing it is not satisfying.

"Morning Dr.Shalifa." A sweet voice greeted me and distracted me from my thoughts.

"Morning." I replied absentmindedly and find myself inside the elevator.

These two days have been quite tiresome as I have to spend it in the hospital and I didn't have proper sleep. Today in the early morning I rounded off the outpatient ward and had just entered my cabinet reviewing some reports when I got the call from the dean.

I stepped out on the 5th floor and stride to my cabinet as I'm off duty. I could go home and have some homemade breakfast.

I was about to open my cabinet door when someone grabbed my arm literally throwing her body on me. I only know one person who does this to me and it's none other than my BFF.