The aged man stood from his desk, his eyes full of iteration. He carefully set his hands on the desk before looking at me. "Yes, miss Silver, you explained in precise detail in your essay, and for that I give you credit."

I find myself puffing up with pride at this statement, but like a balloon losing air my proudness decreases at his next statement. "The reason you have received a bad grade is because I have seen this essay millions of times before! You need to be more creative with your work, not wasting it on telling me things I already know."

I grab my backpack and swing it over my shoulder. "I understand sir." I say quietly before leaving.

What will my parents think of this? I didn't want to find out. I was supposed to be proving to them that I could handle things on my own, but a C- on an essay that was important for my graduating grade did me no favors.

Before I knew it I was turning off the highway onto the dirt road, which was now packed down with ice. I had snowed all right, a good two inches dusted the scenery.

I began my thirty minute ride back to the farm, and I blasted the heater in my truck.

The minutes flew by, and soon I arrived in my driveway. I parked my truck close to the house, before hauling myself up the steps. I tierdly unlocked the door, and stiffled a yawn. Though I longed for sleep, I knew I couldn't go to bed just yet.

There were chores to be done, and if I was going to prove to my parents that I didn't need them, I had to make sure I got money out of this year's crop.

-

-

-

He watches her from the the refuge of the trees that outline her two story house.

His eyes calculate the house, as he finds them sweeping for exits.

It was his assassin's instinct, to know where every exit in the building was.

He dispised it.

But yet when he found himself crawling back into the Winter Soldier's mind frame, He found strange comfort.

He found comfort in not feeling anything.

He watched as she forced cattle into the big grey barn, shooing them with a long whip. She cracked it on the ground, but never once touched their hides.

Would it not be simpler to just strike them into obeying?

But yet they obeyed, after a long while. She shut the door behind them before trudging up the stairs and into her house.

He must wait, so she isn't suspicious of him.

After sitting in the cold for over an hour, he walked up her worn steps. His hand hesitated above the warn wood door.

Did he really want to do this?

What if his real self was worse then who he was now?

That couldn't be possible, he thought.

Nothing is worse then taking another person's life.

And he had taken hundreds.

He banged his gloved hand against the wood, creating a hollow sound throughout the house.

"Coming!" Her voice is muffled by the door. She swings it open, her eyes quickly finding his. "Hello," She asks curiously, tilting her head a bit. "Can I help you?"

"Um, yes." His voice is scratched from not using it so much. "Are you by chance Anna Silver? "

"I am" She replies, leaning against the door. "And you are?"

"Ja-ce" He stops himself from calling him the name he thinks is his, and prays she didn't notice his hesitation.

She doesn't though, and gestures him to follow her inside. "lets continue this conversation inside shall we? It's quite cold."

She steps inside and he follows, closing the door behind him. He follows her into a room with chairs and a sink, and other strange things he is not familiar with.

She sits in one of the wooden chairs that surround a round table and gestures him to do the same.

"So Jace, please tell me why you are here." She talks to him like he's a normal person, and he find himself feeling surprised. He swallow the weird feeling before replying,

"I heard that you worked at the museum last year, and that you created the memory wall of James Barns? I visited it recently and wondered if you had any more information on him." The lie flows off his tongue easily, just like he's done so many times.

"Yes I did" Anna speaks, her brow furrows "I do have extra files, but may I ask why you want them?"

"I am a history teacher in a high school in Vermont, and wish my students to study this man." The next lie comes just as easily as the first, and He reminds himself to show a little emotion.

"Oh, I see" She says, "I can get you the files if you want, but I would have to go to my parents home to get them."

He only nods, not trusting his voice anymore than he needed to. So far it looked like she was buying into the trick, and he did no wish to trip up.

"I will have them by the weekend if that is fine?" She asks, moving out of the chair.

"That is fine." He tells her, also standing.

"Good, I will get them for you then."

He nods, finding it wierd that his hair didn't fly into his eyes. Then he remembers that he had it tied at the nape of his neck in a band.

He heads over to the door, carefully watching her for anything suspicious. He reaches the door and swings it open into the wind, and turned slightly to Anna herself. "I must be going, I have to get home."

"Oh alright" She says, startled by the fact of him leaving so early, "I will see you sometime next week?"

He nods to her before stepping out. She runs to the door, looking for any signs of him, but her eyes can't find him lurking in the shadows.

He is already gone.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▲

hey! hope you liked it:-)

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW?

Bye;-)

-Riku54