vi. anxiety {finn wolfhard}

a/n — in this one, y/n basically takes sophia's place, she plays beverly in IT. // also i'm going to apologize beforehand because i'm writing about anxiety and sorry if i get anything wrong, i'm not really sure how it works or how anxiety attacks happen, i've never had one nor seen one.

-

"you ready?" y/n grinned as she straightened finn's bow tie. the nervous teen sent her a quirky smirk and nod as he did a poor job of trying to hide his nerves.

"come on, guys," wyatt, jack, and jaeden poked their heads through the door of the dressing room. "we're on in five minutes."

"okay, we'll be out in a sec," y/n responded as the trio left the room, returning it to its silence. she turned  back to finn. "you'll be fine, trust me."

"i know, it's just that it's our first interview, and what if i stutter or say the wrong thing-"

y/n hugged finn tightly. "you won't. you know how i know? because you're the funniest person i know and you'll make the crowd wheeze with your jokes."

finn smiled up at his co-star. she always knew how to make him feel better about the worst of things.

"GUYS," jack popped his head back into the room. "we need to go. now!"

y/n squeezed finn's hand reassuringly and pulled him out of the dressing room.

"...so please welcome-the kids from the 2017 adaptation of stephen king's it!" a voice rang out as five teenagers walked onto the brightly lit stage, to an area where an interviewer sat waiting with five empty chairs. the crowd applauded loudly. they all took their seats, finn sitting next to y/n.

the interviewer was a short, plump brunette woman with curly hazelnut hair. she smiled cheerfully at the group of kids before holding the microphone back up to her mouth.

"so, guys," she said. "introduce yourselves; say your name, who you play in the movie, and something you like to do. let's start with jaeden, shall we?"

"hi, everyone," jaeden said. "my name's jaeden, i play bill denbrough, and i love to listen to music."

he then passed the mic to wyatt. "hey, guys, i'm wyatt, i play stanley, and i like to sleep." the crowd laughed at his statement and the interviewer chuckled. wyatt passed the mic to jack.

"hey, y'all," he said. a few people laughed. "i'm jack, i play eddie, aka the best character in the whole movie, and something i like to do is make people laugh."

jack passed the mic to finn. he took a deep breath and said, "hi, my name's finn, i play richie tozier, and i like to dance. not professionally or anything, but just listening to music and dancing like a weirdo in my room." the crowd laughed. he passed the mic.

"hey, everyone, my name is y/n, i play beverly marsh in it, and i like to roller skate." y/n held the mic.

the interview continued flawlessly for the group of teens, they answered questions, played games, and even met some fans. after forty-five minutes, the interviewer began wrapping things up.

"bye, everyone!" the kids waved to the audience with wide smiles and grins as they walked off stage and back into their dressing room.

"that was fun," y/n remarked as she kicked off her sandals and slipped into her favorite moccasins.

"yeah, it was much better than i thought it'd be," finn grinned and wyatt and jack nodded in agreement.

y/n left to her dressing room to change her clothes privately. she put on a comfortable sweater and leggings and quickly undid her hair, knowing the boys got annoyed when she took too long to get ready, even though it really wasn't that long.

just as she expected, she heard a knock on the door as she looked for a spare hair tie. "what?"

"the car is waiting outside," wyatt's voice said through the door. "hurry up, there's a lot of paparazzi."

"you guys can wait outside without me," y/n responded. "i'll be out shortly."

she found a hair tye and tied her hair into a very messy bun, feeling rushed. y/n grabbed her phone and the rest of her things and left. she found wyatt and jack waiting outside.

"i said you guys could go on without-"

"it's finn," jack cut her off, a look of concern and urgency in his eyes. "he's having a panic attack because so many people are outside."

"jaeden's trying to calm him down in that corridor." wyatt added, and y/n speed walked, almost ran towards it. she found jaeden with an arm around a heavily breathing and shaking finn.

"thank god you're here," jaeden murmured and stepped aside so the pair could talk.

y/n looked at finn. his face was pink and his breathing hard and heavy. she placed her hands on his face and pushed his hair away. "finn, look at me. look at me. you're okay. you're fine."

her reassuring words didn't solve the issue completely, but they seemed to calm him down temporarily. she pulled him close to her chest and gave him a tight hug. "you're okay. you're okay," she repeated in his ear softly.

after a few minutes, she pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "are you ready to go?"

he nodded shakily. then, she did something he had never expected. she kissed his cheek and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the door, his expression like a puppy in love.