v. rescue (ft. pennywise the dancing clown)

DOUBLE UPDATE BC IM BORED LOL

"come on, y/n you're such a wuss!"

beverly marsh's voice rang across the river bank as she walked across the log that was balanced above the running current.

"bev, i'm serious, you shouldn't walk on that, it could collapse and you would get swept away by the-"

"y/n, you need to let loose a little. have some fun," she grinned, balancing her hands at her sides and putting one foot in front of another. "look, it's those boys!" she pointed in a hushed whisper.

you looked to your right and you could see bill denbrough and his friends, consisting of mike, ben, stan, eddie, and someone who had particularly caught your eye: richie tozier.

"look, this is a great opportunity!" beverly exclaimed. "you've always had a thing for that tozier boy, right? so just walk across the log over the river and prove to him how much of a badass you are!"

you had to admit, this tempted you a little bit. deep inside, you knew that walking over a dumb log didn't make someone cool but you were so desperate to see the look of admiration on richie's face that you hesitantly nodded.

"fine, i'll do it," you gave in. as beverly cheered, you got up and stood in front of the log. it looked soggy and as if it would snap in half at any given moment. it didn't help either, that the log was very, very long. beverly stood on the other side of the river, motioning for you to hurry up.

you inhaled deeply and started walking. the log gave a deep shudder as soon as you took the first step, and that should have been enough for you to turn back around and chicken out, but beverly's mention of richie had caused adrenaline to run through your veins, so you started walking faster and more confidently.

suddenly, you heard a high pitched scream.

it was beverly. she was pointing at something behind you. you swiftly turned your head and saw-no-it couldn't be.

there was a clown. his hair was dark red and his face pale as death. lines were etched deep under his eyes and he wore a mischievous grin. his clothes were frayed and tattered, but something that caught your eye was the blood stains on his collar. as if...as if he had been feeding in something. the very thought terrified you even more than his evil smile. he was holding a single red balloon.

you heard rustles in front of you. beverly had abandoned you, running as far away from the creek as her legs could take her.

you tried to do the same, running as fast as you could on the log. thump

your heart hammered in your chest as you watched, almost in slow motion, the log break at its weakest point and collapse. you fell into the river, and breaking what felt like a bone against a rock. water and blood seeped through your clothes. the log had fallen on top of your knee with a painful thud and you were trapped. there was no way out for you. the clown emitted a hysterical laugh.

"hiya, y/n!" he guffawed. "looks like you need some help."

"stay away from me!" you screamed as tears began rushing down your face. the cold wind swept your hair across our face as you struggled to pull your leg out from under the log. but it was no use.

the clown began walking towards you. "if you let me help you, you can have my balloon. see? it floats!" he said in a child-like voice.

"stop, stop, stop," you repeated. "help! someone, please!" you screamed at the top of your lungs.

"see, i wouldn't do that if i were you, y/n," the clown grinned. "that will just make the whole process more difficult."

"w-what process? h-how do you know my n-name, you f-freak?!"

your use of the word "freak" seemed to anger him. he ran at you, you screamed, you screamed loud enough for all of derry to hear you. yet no one came. beverly was gone, probably safe in the confines of her home. and here you were, on the brink of a bloody death.

he finally neared you. he laughed maliciously as he knelt down next to you.

"see, y/n, i know what your afraid of. exactly what your afraid of." then the clown morphed into-no, it wasn't him. it couldn't be. the clown seemed to look identical to your father. the father who had done terrible things to you in the past. the father that you hated and feared above all.

then your "father" took on a demented expression. several yellow, sharp teeth extended from his mouth and his eyeballs rolled to the side. he came close to you, you could just feel his disgusting, blood scented breath on your neck when someone yelled.

"get away from her, you bulb headed weirdo!"

it was richie. you were so happy you could cry. you were going to be saved.

the clown morphed back into his original form and picked the log off of your leg with seeming ease. you groaned as he chucked it at richie, who missed by mere inches. then the rest of his friends, bill, stan, eddie, ben, mike, they all picked up large rocks and began throwing them at the clown until he shrank away from you and into the shadows of the forest, until he was seemingly invisible.

"are you okay?" richie asked alarmedly as he ran towards you, checking you for injuries.

"you guys are so lucky i carry my emergency first aid kit in my fanny pack," eddie muttered, pulling out bandages, gauze, and anti septic. "this is probably going to hurt like ass, i'm really sorry."

then he poured some of the antiseptic on your leg, where the log had cut into you.

you bit the inside of your tongue in pain until the metallic taste of blood filled your mouth. richie held your hand. "squeeze my hand if it hurts, okay?" he said, looking at you with caring eyes.

"w-what was that thing?" you grunted as eddie wrapped your leg in a makeshift cast.

"well, we've seen it a couple times. it likes to lurk around and kidnap children. that's how"- he threw a sideways glance at bill, who looked away, tears filling his eyes "-bill's little brother georgie went missing."

"here. it's not hospital quality, but they can fix it when we get out back." eddie informed you, wiping the blood off of his hands.

"i know there's no way you can walk, so let me carry you," richie added. seeing the look on your face, he said, "it's no big deal, y/n. i'd do it for you any time."

you blushed as richie tucked an arm under your knees and around your back and lifted you off the ground. the sun was setting and your blood was drying. your eyes blinked in and out of consciousness as you fell asleep in richie's arms as he carried you to safety.

 your eyes blinked in and out of consciousness as you fell asleep in richie's arms as he carried you to safety