"Long live ice cream!" The blue haired boy yelled skywards, "And long live Gumi and Yuma's relationship!"

"H-Hey, don't jinx it, stupid!" Gumi gave him a push.

"I ship Rin and Len more!" Miku yelled, striking a pose with Kaito. They both held their cones in outstretched arms, their backs pressed together, "But Gumi and Yuma are cute, too! I just haven't written a fanfiction for them yet!"

"Well, let's keep it that way!" Yuma took his and Gumi's ice creams from the owner of the truck, handed one to his girlfriend, and then smacked the tealette on the head, "No fanfiction!"

"Ow! Yuma, why you...," Miku seethed, her anger dying down as she met Gumi's short but intense glare. Kaito laughed and we all sat down on the sidewalk because there weren't enough benches for all of us.

"You two are still friends, right?" Rin whispered to Miku and gestured towards Gumi.

"O-Of course!" Miku answered, "She just gets really scary sometimes..."

Oliver.

"You weren't being original enough, Oliver," this was Neru scolding me. We were sitting by the school, just outside, our bums being slowly roasted by the hot sidewalk.

She was scolding me because I didn't mix flavours when I got my Slurpee. I only got some of cream soda flavoured stuff, and she was trying to get me to experiment a bit.

"And you're supposed to get a larger one!" Now she was scolding me because I chose to buy a small size rather than a medium or large sized, "There's more value in that!"

"Hey, hey, it's my first time!" I elbowed her and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Geez, it's not a kiss or anything!" She frowned, sucking on her straw before mocking me, "It's my first time!"

"H-Hey!" I snapped. She laughed and smacked my back playfully.

"Look at you, Oliver," she began dramatically, "You were an uncultured fool, never having tried a Slurpee before. I brought you here, spending my blood, sweat and tears on your puny, naive soul! I opened your eyes, boy, that's what I did! There you were, locked away from the world, eyes clamped shut, ears plugged up. I took time out of my schedule to..."

"Geez, ease up on the melodrama, it's just a freaking Slurpee! Flavoured, drinkable ice!"

She gasped. "Do not degrade the Slurpee, fool! If you do, the Slurpee...it degrades you..."

I rolled my eyes and suddenly her mood changed completely, from 'Slurpee worshiper' to 'annoying, typical Neru.'

"So when are you going to tell you-know-who that you you-know-what?" She had a devilish grin painted across her face.

"Tell who what?" I frowned and she giggled.

"You know...Haku!" Her voice was a low, excited whisper, "Are you going to get her flowers or something? Maybe ask her out to dinner? You might get to sneak in a kiss on the first date!"

I blushed madly, nearly dropping my Slurpee. "I told you, I don't have a crush on her!"

"I know you don't have a crush on her!" Neru teased, "You're hopelessly and madly in love with her!"

"N-No, I'm not!"

"Stop trying to deny it, Oliver! Look, I'll even help you find a gift for her!"

"What would you know?" As soon as I blurted that out, I realized that it implied that I did have a crush on Ms. Yowane.

"Hmm," Neru smiled sweetly, "There's the truth. And I could help, because I am a refined, attractive young woman."