Stay Alive (Kleinsen)

Start from the beginning

It wasn't like most people imagine it. Flesh is not squishy, or stretchy when it is torn. It has more the texture of torn paper, or at least that is what it feels like.

The third bullet hit him right on his hand, making him shriek in the worst pain he had ever felt. It was as if thousands of flesh eating termites were stripping the hand of the nerves and the flesh and the bone, leaving nothing but a hole.

He could see Evan's house.

He had hope.

The fourth bullet he heard, but didn't feel.

Not as quickly as you'd think when you're shot right in the center of your back.

The exit wound in your chest.

Jared was still running, miraculously, not hearing any more shots after the fourth. He didn't feel the fourth wound. He just felt the pain form the other three, and the adrenaline pumping through his head as he stumbled onto the Hansen porch. He knocked tirelessly, trying so hard to keep his cool in the situation.

But when he turned around, the man was gone.

And then Jared felt it. Right as Heidi Hansen opened the door.

He looked down, seeing blood pouring out of the right side of his chest. "Oh, fuck."

"Oh my god, Jared!" Heidi caught him as he fell into her arms. She shushed him when he coughed, the blood pooling around him making him want to scream in agony and disgust. He winced. Heidi noticed. "Evan!" She called up the stairs. "Evan I need you down here right fucking now."

"It's fine," Jared insisted, hiding in pain when Heidi shifted her weight. "I'm fine."

"No, you aren't. Shit, Jared. Who did this?" Heidi brought his unfounded hand to her face. His fingers were cold and trembling. He was dying.

He was dying.

That was the first thing Evan thought when he saw the love of his life holding onto his mother with a bloody hand, trying to keep his eyes open.

"Jared!" Evan nearly tackled his mother, next to his boyfriend instantly. "Oh my god. Babe, what the hell?" Evan whimpered.

"I got kicked out and mugged for being gay." He chuckled dryly. He grabbed onto Evan's hand, smiling a smirk that only Jared could ever accomplish. "How long have I been joking about wanting to die, huh? Since we were seven?"

"Jared—"

"Better be careful what you wish for."

"Shut your mouth Jared. You're going to be fine. I promise."

"If you believed that, you'd be driving me to a hospital right now, breaking every law you could." Jared let out a little cough, tasting blood in the back of his throat.

"Jared, I... you can't. I just got your message. I was going to go see you."

"I don't think I'm ready to leave you, Ev."

"I don't think I'm ready for that, either."

"Ev, could you..." Jared smiled wide. "Could you sing to me, babe?"

"I can try."

Heaven only knows where you've been
But I don't really need to know
I know where you're gonna go
On my heart, where you're resting your head
And you just look so beautiful
It's like you were an angel

"I love you, Evan."

"Shut up."

Can I stop the flow of time?
Can I swim in your divine?
'Cause I don't think I'd ever leave this place

"Evan, I seriously... I love you so much." Jared shifted his head onto Evan's chest, as if to feel the vibrations as he sang. He missed this. He would miss this. He missed the same voice that sang him to sleep when they would have sleepovers. It was the same voice that pulled him out of the multiple anxiety attacks he had. It was the same voice that was going to sing him to sleep forever.

He loved that voice.

He loved that that voice would be the last thing he heard.

Oh, turn the lights turn the lights down low
Yeah, now I'm feeling you breathing slow
'Cause, baby, we're just reckless kids
Trying to find an island in the flood
Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights down low, oh

Jared went limp.

"Jared?" Evan whimpered, desperately attempting to wake his sleeping boyfriend. "Jare, please!"

Heidi set her phone down, after frantically calling 911. She wrapped Evan in a hug.

"Jared!"

Nothing.

"Jared!"

—a/n—

You can blame Marley for me killing Jared but I never do take angst all the way anymore and it seemed to fit

The song I used was Lights Down Low by MAX

I'm sick and I have rehearsal

I have a fever of 102 lmao.

Fuck it I have a show in a week.

Alright that's all.

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka Foblvr