Chapter 50: I'm sorry

Start from the beginning

"here, have a hug you worried dork. it's nice to know you and i are still good friends."

Sans gave a friendly, assuring hug to Red and grinned.

"well, i guess i should get going now." Sans sighed, letting go of Red.

"Bye Sans. Hope things go well for you and Grillby." He said.

"thanks. don't forget to use protection with jas whenever you feel ready to get things going between you and her." Sans snickered in his way out.

"Sans!" Both Red and Jasmine exclaimed, flustered by the joke.

Sans closed the door behind him and laughed to himself.

'time to go back then' he thought, his laughter fading into nothingness.

He suddenly began feeling a bit shaky.

'it's just getting colder outside' he shrugged it off, gripping his hoodie tighter around him.
_____________

Grillby sighed.

He had been knocking and waiting at the door for about 10 minutes.

Grillby got up and began walking away, giving up on trying to contact Sans.

Either Sans wasn't here, or he just didn't want to answer.

Grillby's flame dimmed.

He couldn't keep going like this.

He needed him.

All he wanted to do, was embrace him, tell him how sorry he was for reacting the way he did, and then proceed to tell him how much he loves him soon after.

Grillby displaced his gaze off the streets and looked up.

The streets were getting less crowded as the night time approached, they were still kind of packed however.

The street lights were already on.

Suddenly, he bumped into someone and stumbled back.
_____________

Sans was walking fast home.

Maybe he could catch up to Grillby if he made it there just in time.

He had a bit of a headache, but he would be okay.

All that was in his mind was, Grillby.

Without realizing were he was heading to, he abruptly clashed on to someone, both individuals falling backwards on the hard concrete.

"Ow... I'm so sorry, please forgive me." they spoke up.

Sans' head shot up.

"g-grillby?!"

Grillby looked down.

"Oh... Sans..."

Both looked at each other, unable to come up with something to say.

Grillby stood up.

"Here uh... Let me help you. You shouldn't even be here in the first place. You should be resting." He offered with a light chuckle, extending his hand for Sans to take it.

Sans stared at the hand, and took it.

"thanks" he murmured.

Grillby gently pulled Sans back up to his feet.

Both remained silent and dodged eye contact.

Grillby spoke up.

"Sans?"

"yeah?"

"I um... I-I need to tell you something. I'd rather it'd be in private. Do you mind if we go to your place? My family is at the apartment; we won't get as much privacy there." Grillby stuttered.

Sans nodded.

"ok... let's go then. i know a shortcut, come on."

Sans took Grillby's hand and led him to the back of a building quietly before shortcutting in front of his house.

Grillby didn't even bother asking how on earth was that even possible.

Sans unlocked the door and opened it for Grillby.

"Thank you." Grillby thanked, stepping inside and taking a seat on the couch.

Sans followed and did the same, taking a seat on the same couch, but at distance from Grillby.

"I'm really sorry, you know." Grillby's voice quivered.

Sans hummed in response.

"but i'm the one who should be apologizing... i... i'm sorry." He added.

"But it was me... I was the one who reacted so badly! But all this stress, and everything that has happened, it makes it so hard to keep it all in! And I know, there's no excuse for the way I acted days ago, and I'm so sorry. Sans, I love you. You're the love of my life. I thought I might be better off without you because of what happened with the previous generation of our family, but I just can't live without you. You're a humongous part of me. Without you, I don't know were I'd go with my life. I need you" Grillby cried.

A tear fell down Sans' cheek.

That's all he needed to hear.

His soul had ached for three days to hear those words.

Without a warning, he got up.

His soul began beating faster.

He walked closer to Grillby and then did what he had wanted to do ever since he bumped into Grillby.

He pulled him into a strong, loving kiss.
_____________

*Le celebratory dab*
Time to continue eating my tamales. Bye!

Feel free to leave comments!~~