I sat up straight hearing the creak of a door open. Fear struck my heart again thinking that it was Silas wanting to finish what he started but I raised my brows in confusion noting the nearing light and fast footsteps.

It wasn't Silas nor Elijah and neither was it Veronica since I would've known her from the sound of her heels.

"Who's there?" I frowned waiting for the person to emerge out of the darkness. I gasped in shock seeing the last person I expected.

The young girl that used to enter my room several time a day, bring in my meals and checking whether I needed anything was staring at me through the bars, nervously glancing around her and taking out a chain of keys once sure that the coast is clear.

My jaw nearly hit the floor, my eyes lingering on the set of keys she was hastily going through before inserting a key inside the lock. My heart raced as I anxiously waited for the door to open, and it did.

"Oh my gosh." I was on my feet immediately. The girl I still don't know the name of rushed inside and kneeled in front of me. With shaky hands, she unclasped the metal surrounding my ankles and took them off.

"Thank you." I breathed out sincerely, gripping her arms as a smile spread onto my face.

"The exit is the first door on your right but be careful, two men are still in here. When you get out head west, I overheard Silas saying that they're heading towards a meadow not too far away from here. Hurry before it's too late, he plans on killing them all." She glanced behind her shoulder and back to me, smiling gently.

"Save your prince." She whispered.

"How do you know?" I furrowed my brows, confusion coating my features.

"Everyone knows. But that's not important right now, you need to get out of here. Follow me." She said quickly, ushering me to stay behind her as she leads the way.

I couldn't comprehend what just happened, more precisely, why this girl is helping me. Just as I thought that I was going to be locked down here forever, she appeared out of nowhere, like an angel sent from heaven.

Reaching the door, I repeated what she told me. I should go right then once I'm out I'll have to head west. I mentally smacked myself remembering that I still don't know her name.

"What's your name." I asked lowly, afraid anyone from the other side would hear. She turned to look at me, her cheeks turning a tint of red.

"Madeline, your highness." I like this girl even more.

"Aya, just Aya." A small smile tugged my lips seeing her gaze lower to the ground.

"Thank you, I owe you with my life Madeline." She let out a gasp as I wrapped my arms around her petite frame and gave her a tight hug before pulling away.

"Be careful." She stated, worry lacing her tone. I nodded stiffly, breathing in and out as I gripped the large handle and pushed the door open.

Seeing no one there, I wasted no time and darted toward the door praying that I won't get caught. This is my chance, I had to run away and reach Jace.

I followed Madeline's instructions, my feet landing on the forest's ground and headed east, sprinting past the trunks of trees. I have to be there on time, I just have to. So I let my legs carry me at the maximum speed they could manage, and even though I've got so little energy surging through my body, I ran fast letting the adrenaline pulse through my veins.

He'll hurt them, Silas is going to kill them. Though my legs begged me not to, I pushed myself faster letting the wind slap my face. I almost tripped hearing the sound of ferocious growls right behind me, the pounding of footsteps digging into the ground.