Chapter 50 - Scott

A/N: I'm trying to get back into regular updates now that it's a new year. Here's a longer one for you.

As always, thank you for reading!

-----------------------------

The night of November 13th:

"I really like Mitch."

Avi smirked, which didn't help Scott's confidence in the slightest. "Are you sure, Scooter?"

"Avi," Scott whined. He didn't ask to be teased, although he had to admit he probably wore his budding crush on his sleeve.

"All right, fine. Kindly elaborate on your feelings for Mitch." Avi's smirk tamed itself into a smug smile, which was better. Scott cleared his throat and leaned back against a tree.

"I really like Mitch," he started again. "He's nice, and great, and good-looking."

"A lame and inadequate description, I'm sure, but continue." Avi's eyes twinkled.

Scott stuck his tongue out at Avi. "Yes, it's inadequate, there aren't words perfect enough to describe him. Better?" He continued without waiting for an answer. "We just seem to click, like the universe destined us to be together. And," he paused, almost afraid to voice his main point. "And I really want to kiss him."

Avi chuckled. "Just kiss him then."

"But I can't," Scott whined, and crossed his arms childishly. He frowned at Avi, who wouldn't stop grinning.

"Why not?"

"What if he doesn't want me to?"

Avi rolled his eyes, still with that stupid smile on his face, and leaned back against his own tree. "Ah, the classic doubt in the other's feelings. Don't let it get to you, Scotty."

"What if it already has," Scott complained.

Avi tsked and shook his head. "Well, as the resident relationship expert, I advise you to just go for it anyway. What's the worst that could happen?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah, I guess I gotta just go for it." He stopped. "Wait, would kissing a vampire be weird? With the fangs and all...?"

"Scott, how in the actual world would I know," Avi said. "I've never kissed a vampire. This is for you to find out for yourself."

"I don't know, maybe you've kissed Kirstie or something," Scott suggested, wearing a smirk of his own.

Avi rolled his eyes again and let out a good-natured sigh. "For your information, I have not been kissing Kirstie behind you and Mitch's backs."

"You never know," Scott winked, before sinking further against his tree. "Ugh, this is pointless. Neither of us know the first thing about relationships," Scott groaned, glaring up at the sky. "I've been stuck with the same thirty bachelors my whole life."

"Now's your chance to get someone new," Avi smirked, which is when they both picked up approaching footsteps and swiveled their heads in the direction of the noise. Scott inhaled and identified the scents of the newcomers; Mitch and Kirstie.

"Perfect timing," Avi said smoothly, quiet enough for only Scott to hear, before walking through the woods towards their approaching vampire friends. Scott blushed and followed, hands sweaty at the thought of kissing Mitch.

"Hi friends!" Kirstie exclaimed, before ducking around Mitch to hug the werewolves. Scott noticed that her hug with Avi lasted several seconds longer than his, and he stowed that information away for later to tease Avi. Mitch gave no hugs, but grinned at Scott.