Adjusting

After I had idiotically passed out, I was carried back to my tent by David.(as I was told.)
   The next morning me and the three musketeers went to breakfast, making small talk. Once we started eating, David came rushing up to Max and I, asking frantically if we were together.
   We looked at each other. "I mean," I started, "we like each other. Does that count?"
   "Yeah. We're together," Max said calmly.
   "We are?" I asked.
   "We are now," Max smiled.
   David started breathing very heavy. "N-no! You can't be! That's ag-against the rules!"
   "Oh, well," Max shrugged.
   Once David ran off in a frantic mess, I turned to Max. "So do you ACTUALLY want to be together, or are you doing this just to get on David's nerves?"
   "I mean, I was ORIGINALLY just doing this to get on David's nerves," Max said. Then he turned to me and winked. "But we COULD be if you want, idiot."
   Then I heard Nikki excitedly do a chant. "Do it! Do it!" She cheered.
   I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Fine, Maximillian."
   He held his fork to my throat in a playful way. "Don't call me that," he grumped.
   "Fine, Maximillian."
   He chuckled and put the fork down. "With you here, maybe this summer WON'T suck!"
   "Same," I smiled.
   Then David burst through the door very dramatically, causing every head to turn. And trailing behind him was the one and only Gwen, the assistant counselor. I had met her on my first day.
   David pointed to me and Max. "You two. Meet me and Gwen in the counselor's building."
   He sounded not happy. Not mad, but not happy.
   Which was VERY surprising.
   Then David left, along with Gwen. "Guess we have no choice," Max, shrugged, standing up. "Come on, (Your Name).

   David's POV

   As me and Gwen marched to the counselor's building, (well, I marched, but Gwen just walked,) I had a bunch of thoughts running through my head.
   "How could (Your Name) have betrayed Cameron Campbell's rules? He's our founder, for Gosh's sake!" I thought. "Max, I can understand, but (Your Name)? Maybe she wasn't listening when I did that two hour presentation on all of Cameron's rules."
   We had reached the building by that time. So I went in and sat down with Gwen so it looked like we've been waiting for them.
   Shortly after the two opened the door, Max looking angry, and (Your Name) looking nervous.

   Max's POV

   Me and (Your Name) opened the door to the counselor's building. "What do you want, idiot?" I immediately asked.
   "First of all," David said, "language. Second of all, we are going to discuss the matter of you two being in a relationship."
   "Who cares?" I asked, being sincere this time, and, (surprisingly,) not trying to get on David's nerves.
   "Cameron's not here, though," (Your Name) squeaked quietly.
   "You're right," Gwen said, looking at David quizzically. "He's not here. So why should we care?"
   "BECAUSE IT'S HIS RULE!" David snapped through gritted teeth. Man, I had never seen him so tensed up.
   "The point is, you two can't be together," David said, collecting himself.
   "Whatever," I muttered. I grabbed (Your Name's) hand. "Let's go." I could see her face getting red, which made mine go red as we stepped out of the building.
   I heard David scream "WAAAAAAIT!" as we walked back to the tent circle.

   Your POV

   After our morning activities of David staring Max and I down, it was time for lunch.
   My usual gang ate and talked like usual, until David came in and whispered in my ear, "Max doesn't like you."
Me, being the gullible fool I am, believed him.
I gave him the death stare and went to sit somewhere else.

   Max's POV

   "Uh, what did I do?" I asked as (Your Name) went to sit with that Space Kid
   "Oh, I told her you didn't like her," smirked David.
   I think that's the first time I've ever seen him smirk.
   "WHY WOULD YOU?!" I screeched, causing everyone to turn and look at me.
   Except (Your Name).
   It was like she didn't give a crap anymore...
   So after lunch I kept trying to approach her.
   Attempt one: "Hey, (Your Name)!" I said, waving. She immediately walked away.
   Attempt two: She was talking to Space Kid, and I tried to join in the conversation. "Oh, yeah! That moon, right?" I said, butting in. She just ignored me an kept talking.
   I think I can spare you the others.
   Until, on the last one, I decided to tell her the truth. Right when (Your Name) was about to turn away, I yelled, "Listen! I DO like you! David just made that up!"
   She stood there for a minute, then slowly turned around. "You expect me to believe that?" she growled.
   "Yes!" I cried. "I SWEAR I like you!"
   "Then I'll go ask David, because I know HE'LL tell me the truth," she said, walking to the counselor's building
   Flip.

   Your POV

   I knocked on the counselor's door, positive that that Max kid was lying.
   "Come on in!" I heard David's cheerful voice through the cedar door.
   I opened the door, and David looked momentarily looked shocked to see me. "Oh, (Your Name)! What can I do for you?"
   I awkwardly laughed. "It's kind of a funny story, actually..."
   "Oh?" David asked, an eyebrow raised.
   "So Max said you only TOLD me that Max doesn't like me, but he really DOES."
   David then began to sweat, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, and started stuttering.
   I gave him a stare that could kill. "You didn't..." I said through gritted teeth.
   David sighed. "I did."
   After a while of silence, I said to him, "Now I'm gonna go apologize to Max for being so gullible."
   Then I left.
   I approached Max. "I. Am. So. Sorry!" I cried.
   Max looked concerned.
   "David told me everything!" I sobbed.
   "No, no! It's okay! Don't cry!" Max said comfortingly.
   He pulled me in for a hug.
   As his arms calmed me, I whispered, "Can we still be together?"
   "Of course."

   Thank you readers for being so supportive! You know who you are! ;)
   So anyway stay tuned for ep 5!!!!!
   I like dogs
   BOI