Leave my heart open

I'm so sorry. I made a mistake in the last update. First I said that Satanists targets Christians and then Adam was said to be Christian first and then jew. Actually Adam is jew and I read somewhere and also saw in the film "Adam Joan" that Satanists targets young jew girls below the age of 10 and sacrifice them for the devils. So clearing the confusion, Adam Joan is JEW.

.

.

.

"Written in these walls,

Are the stories that I can't explain....

Leave my heart open,

But it stays right here empty for days...."

Story of my life, One Direction

He was lying on his hotel bed looking up at the beautiful ceiling when the hotel telephone rang in the middle of the night.

"Hello" he said hoarsely.

"Sorry to bother you at this hour Mr. Philips. But you have a visitor – one Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada. She demands to meet you!" the receptionist said in her professional voice.

"Send her in" he said.

"Yes sir"

He kept the phone and sat up on the bed. Khushi? Why would she visit him at this hour? Did....did Mrs. Malik tell her everything? Oh god, does Arnav know? Does Anjali know?

His thoughts were interrupted by the ring on his hotel room. He sprang out of the bedroom to the main door and slammed it open. Before him was Khushi in the same sari he saw her wearing during the dinner. But her face was not radiant as he saw during dinner, but was soaked with tears.

"Khushi...come in. What happened? What's wrong?" he said and moved from the door for her to enter.

Khushi walked in and sat in the living room. Adam gave her a glass of water and she drank it. He sat on the opposite couch to her and asked, "So....why are you here? Late at night?"

Khushi looked up at him and asked, "When you met Arnav ji at award show, did you know that he was your son?"

Adam looked at her shocked. "Do you....did she tell you?"

"Answer my question Mr. Philips"

"No" he said looking down, "I didn't even know what they had named my son and where they had taken my children!"

Khushi looked down and said, "What should I do now?"

Adam sighed and looked away, "For all my life, I tried finding them. I didn't know what my son's name was. Only Anjali Adam Joan. But I never found her. I tried Anjali Malik. No. Little did I know that my children are taken care by their aunt's family."

"Should I tell Arnav ji or should I let dadi and nani do the job?" Khushi asked, "I wanted your consent. What should I do now?"

"They will be broken" Adam said.

"Of course they will be" Khushi said, "But that doesn't mean that this should be kept hidden!"

"Khushi, I lived 28 years of my life alone. I'm 54 now. How long will I live? 20 years more? It's fine. I'll live the rest of my 20 lives with the same routine!" Adam said smiling sadly.

"But...."

"It's better if they don't Khushi. Raizadas are their family. They brought them up. They were there when no one stood up for them. They don't deserve Arnav and Anjali being away from them! After everything they have for my children, I'm happy that they are staying with the family" Adam said.

Khushi sighed and said, "Do you have a picture....of my....mother-in-law?"

Adam looked up and nodded. He walked to the bedroom and took out a pic from his suitcase. He walked out the living room and extended the photo frame to Khushi.

Khushi took the frame and saw a young Adam with a beautiful young woman holding a three year old baby girl in his arms. Khushi smiled through tears and ran her fingers through the woman. "She was so pretty"

"Yes she was" Adam said looking up.

"Now I know why Anjali di is pretty!" Khushi said smiling.

Adam smiled and Khushi returned the photoframe.

"I'm gonna tell them no matter what" Khushi said determinedly.

"Khushi..." Adam began when Khushi showed her palm, "No. I've decided"

She stood up and walked out of the hotel room.

.

.

.

Short update. I know. But I'm affected by cold and on top of that I'm travelling to my home in train. So couldn't type more with my running nose :(