And we run

"They are the hunters...

We're the foxes...

And we run..."

I Know Places, Taylor Swift

.

.

.

.

An unfamiliar burning sensation on her forehead woke Anjali up from her deep slumber. She blinked her eyes a few times and fixed her focus on the ceiling up. She looked to her left to find Daniel pressing a cotton ball on her forehead. The medicines penetrated deep into her wound and she hissed in pain. "Sorry" he mumbled.

Anjali blinked at him. Did he just apologize? He threw away the cotton ball on the dustbin and Anjali sat up clutching her forehead. It was only then she realized how her hands were untied. She was resting on the bed? The last she remembered was him slapping her hard and her hands still tied to the pole where she hit her head.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled at her and stood up from the bed where he was sitting beside her. She said nothing but looked away. He cleared her throat and was about to say something when his phone.

"Yes Nathan"

"Danny, Adam is here!"

"What?"

"He landed here Daniel. Our men spotted him at airport! Jeez, the man is fast! Got here easily!"

"But how? How did he..." he stopped himself. Flashbacks of his conversation with mother replayed in his mind.

A guy named Adam came here, an hour ago. He asked about you both.

Why are you at London?

What are you gonna do with them?

Oh fuck! Mother, how could you? So she blabbered everything to Adam or was it Adam who made her call me?

"Danny you there?"

"Yeah...yeah tell me. What should I do?"

"I've asked Patrick to bring Arnav to the abandoned palace at the hill! Do the same will you?"

"The same place where dad was killed" Daniel said.

"Yes" Nathaniel said with gritted teeth, "I want Adam's death from the same platform where he killed my father!"

Daniel hummed and looked at Anjali who was watching him with her big eyes.

"Do it fast! Meanwhile, let me distract Adam. Gotta play for a while! And tie up her hands and blindfold her. Yep gag her too."

"I gotta walk her out of my apartment Nathan. I cannot take her out showing to the world that she is my hostage!"

"Oh shit! Do whatever you want but I don't want her to escape!"

Daniel hung the phone and looked at Anjali. He walked to her and held her arm yanking the girl to him. She gasped as she was lifted from the sitting position and fell on his chest. Her forehead hit his hard chest and she cried in pain clutching her forehead with the free arm.

"Here....let me see" he left her arm and moved his palm to her face. She nodded no and turned away when he held her wrist and turned the woman to him. "Let me see Anjali" he said sternly and removed her hands from the band aided wound. All her hair had fallen to her face when he yanked her and the man carefully removed the strands that had stuck up in the band aid.

He looked up to her eyes which were gazing at him curiously. A chuckled formed in his lips and he asked, "What?"

"You....you're complicated" she said in a daze. He smirked and tucked her hair at the back of her ear and moved the back of his hand over her cheek, "How am I complicated?" he whispered. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and he came close to her. "One moment you're angry and hurt me....and then you take care of me...." she whispered.

He smiled and leaned closer to her face when his phone buzzed all of a sudden causing Anjali to jerk and step away from his hold. Daniel looked at her in shock and stepped back. He took the call and said, "Yes Peter.....yeah....oh thank you. We'll come down!"

He hung the phone and bend down to take the ropes he had discarded when she hit her head and fainted. He looked at her standing a few feet away breathing heavily. He took a deep breath and walked to her. Holding her wrist he pulled her to him, "I don't want you to run away, do you get me?" She said nothing and he shouted, "DO YOU GET ME!" She nodded. He said sternly, "Just for your information, me dressing up your wound changes nothing! NOTHING!" and he pulled her along.

But both of them knew that it was gonna change EVERYTHING.

.

.

.

.

"Pa....." he whispered.

His hands and legs were tied up to a pole and he was sitting on a cold hard floor when he watched his father walking in with his wife.

"Wel well well....stand up everyone. Respect the legend. It's Adam Joan people....give him a round of applause!" Nathaniel said with his wicked grin, "Ah, there is his beautiful daughter-in-law! Welcome, come in!"

"Khushi...."

"Arnav ji" she cried and tried running to him but many goon stopped her. "Leave me, I wanna go to him!" she cried struggling to get rid of their holds.

"Of course you can go to him dear. You both will be going together won't you Romeo and Juliet?" Nathan said laughing. Arnav looked at the man in his semi conscious state and every single fibre of his body froze seeing the sharp knife in his hand. the goons got hold of Adam and Nathaniel walked to Khushi.

"No...." he whispered.

"Last wish young lady?" he asked with his sly grin.

"Let me go!" she screamed.

"Uh oh, sorry, can't fulfil that!" Nathan said chuckling and the next moment pushed the knife through her body.

"KHUSHI!!!!!!!" he screamed and sat up.

"Khushi" he whispered and looked around. No cold hard floor, he was lying on the backseat of a vehicle. He looked at his hands which were tied up and looked to find Patrick and the driver looking at him shocked.

"Ah he had a nightmare! Gosh such a nightmare for us" the guy who was driving said to Patrick who nodded and looked to the road. Arnav sighed and leaned back on the seat. It was a dream. He said to himself. A dream. Nothing has happened to Khushi. It's a just a dream...

.

.

.

.

"So this is the apartment?" Khushi asked as Adam drove into the gates of an apartment complex. Adam hummed.

Khushi took of f the seat belt, adrenaline pumping through her blood. They were at the apartment complex of Daniel, the address which Melanie gave them. Within minutes, they'll have Anjali! Khushi breathed heavily.

Adam drove the car towards the entrance of the apartment when he suddenly braked. Khushi fell on the dashboard and cried, "Why did you do that for?"

"Anjali" he whispered. Khushi sat up in action and looked to the front. There was a black car parked at the apartment building entrance and a guy dressed in black jeans grey t-shirt and black trench coat was walking towards it with his hand strongly holding a girl's wrist – Anjali.