Voices numb

"Hands are silent, voices numb...

Tryna scream, out of my lungs...

It makes this harder...."

Moments, One Direction

.

.

Double update for you guys :) :) :)

.

Everyone gathered for dinner that night. Aarav, under Khushi's strict orders, chose the farthest seat from the scary woman whom everyone calls dadi and looked around at everyone with his round big eyes.

Arnav and Anjali ignored the elder lady when she sat down in her chair and Nani motioned Khushi to serve her. Khushi was about to when Arnav held her wrist. "Hari Prakash, serve for her!" he ordered and pulled Khushi to the seat next to him.

Dadi was about to say something when Anjali spoke, "Chotte how was the award show? Didn't ask you about it!"

"You seemed so happy that you lost!" Akash commented.

"Yeah, once again I lost to Mr. Philip but I had a heart to heart talk with him during the inauguration. He is a good guy. Someone special!" Arnav said smiling, "He will be coming to Delhi for some business deal tomorrow. I've invited him here! Is that okay with everyone?"

"Sure" nani said, "We all would love to meet the guy who's defeating ASR every year!"

Arnav laughed and said, "He's been winning this award for the past 20 years! One should work extra hard to snatch that award from him!"

"Is he hot?" Anjali asked sipping her kheer. Arnav chocked on his food and Akash started coughing. Khushi and Payal hid their smiles.

"He is 54 di!" Arnav cried.

Anjali shrugged and said, "I just asked!"

Akash glared at her and Anjali cried, "Ok fine. Sorry. Jeez, possessive brothers!"

Akash shrugged and looked at Aarav who was silently eating his food. "Hey rockstar, why so mum tonight?"

Aarav smiled and shrugged his shoulders. He could feel dadi's cold glare on him and chose to ignore it by looking at his father. "Dad, today is my PTA meeting. You and mum would be coming right?"

"Yep" Khushi and Arnav said together.

"And when is Mr. Philip coming?" Akash asked.

"Ah, for dinner!" Arnav said, "Let me confirm it through his PA!"

.

.

.

.

.

"Back to India after 28 years!" his best friend, Steve, commented.

Adam took a deep breath and stood up from his business class flight seat. Both men walked through the airport floor when Steve asked, "Are you okay Adam?"

"Do I look like I'm okay?" the 54 year old retorted, "I loathe this country. This is where I lost everything Steve, EVERYTHING!"

"You still have a chance to get back everything Adam" Steve said seriously as both of them collected their luggage.

Adam scoffed and walked ahead.

The men got in the car arranged for them and Adam leaned back on the seat, "Ah I'm so tired!"