Chapter 3.2 Best Friends??

She came back home with a heavy heart despite her success. She went straight to her room without saying anything to anyone. She couldn't stop thinking about her best friend. What was her problem? why did she ignore her? If something was wrong, why didn't she just say anything? It would be better if she did. She thought of calling her but then didn't. She knew Reyna better. If she wanted to tell, she would have already done so.

'Ahh nevermind. I will deal with it later.' She said and went for change.

Irisha! Her mom was calling her from the kitchen.

'Yeah coming mom' she called back with a towel wrapped over her hair and came outside her room. "What mom, you need me here? She laughed knowing her mom's reaction.

'No dear, I know better than that. You came and went straight away to your room. Did u get failed or what?' Her mom teased her. 'You usually don't do that unless u are in trouble.'

"Here we go again mom. No, I didn't fail' she made a face sitting on the chair putting her head over the table. 'I am just tired.' Her mother raised an ayebrow but didn't say anything.

                                           ##############################

She decided to go to Reyna's home. She thought it better to talk about it rather than wondering about it all the time. She hated her nature for this reason. She rang the bell and waited.

'Yes?' A voice said from the intercome.

'It's me Irisha. Is Reyna home?' A moment later the door opened and Reyna stood there.

'Hey Irisha. Come inside' She said stepping aside.

'Thanks'.

Both of them went in silence until they reached Reyna's room. 'What's the matter with you Reyna? And please don't bother to pretend you don't know what I am talking about.' Without any preliminary, Irisha said with a confused tone.

'Fine!' She snapped. 'Well you must be so happy about topping the class, aren't you? You wanted to beat me, didn't you? So here you did. Congratulations.'

'What? Are you jealous that I topped? Is this your reason of outburst and leaving without a worked?' Irisha seemed taken aback.

'Jealous?? No way. You remember my notes were stolen before exams' Reyna shouted.

'Yeah and we searched it everywhere and that we couldn't find your notes anywhere. So what about that?'

'Offcourse we were unable to find it because it was all long you. You stole those notes so that you could beat me. You couldn't......

'Enough!' Irisha cut her off. She was so shocked and furious that she was unable to say something harsh to her best friend, no! Not best friend. Best friend aren't supposed to doubt you. 'I... I would never do such hideous thing and I was never jealous of you. Not even once. I trust my own abilities'. With that she stormed off and after that they never talked to each other. Although after a week or two, the one who actually stole her notes was found and how was found, well, it was a coincidence. Reyna apologized to Irisha and she forgave her but things couldn't go back to normal. They became strangers who knew each other once.

                    ****************************************************************    

A/N: Thank you for taking out time and giving it a read. Sorry if there are some mistakes. Its just a draft. I will soon revise it. Please let me know what you people think about it. It would mean a lot to me. Thank you again.