24: I'm Sorry [Last Chapter]

*please excuse any mistakes I changed the way the layout was like three times and couldn't be bothered to edit it

> > The next day | Y/n

I was getting ready for school earlier than I usually do. I felt productive this morning, even though this will probably lead to me falling asleep in class because a literal twenty minute sleep shortage could probably fuck me up.

I was startled by my phone buzzing, looking at it to see texts from both Pj and Ethan. Pj sent his a few minutes ago, and Ethan just now. They were both along the lines of 'hey I'm not going to school today so don't worry about waiting for me.'

Well this is just wonderful.. You're probably going to be alone the whole day. You didn't know about Dodie at this point, she's been busy hanging around that new kid Jon.. So she's been fixated on making sure he felt welcome and knew his way around.

Of course she was still my friend.. She was just a little bit distant at the moment.

At least you could get a head start getting to school. You'd have to leave shortly anyways. It's almost the time that you should leave for school but Pj and Ethan usually are off by a few minutes and we get in a little bit of a rush. But I guess I don't have to worry it about it today.

I said a quick bye to my mom as I walked out of the door and started on my way to school.

> >

I walked the halls of the school, confused as to why there was a sudden occurrence of both Pj and Ethan saying that they weren't going to be here today. It's coincidental that they both are absent. As much as I'd like to say this is a planned ditch, this kinda shit would only happen in TV shows and two awkward nerds ain't aboutta go rabid.

I sighed to myself, walking into the classroom for yet another day in this hell. It's so stupid.. But at least we have something in common I guess. Although I'd like to believe it's a lot more annoying.

I sat down in my usual seat, feeling lonely as the two dorks that usually sat near me were no where to be found.

This is pitiful.

The bell rang about five minutes after, and the substitute teachers voice shouted annoyingly through the classroom for everyone to be quiet during announcements and while she called the roll.

This is boring.. But at least I don't have to do much of any actual work today. Probably just an article reading or something..

Even with the relieving thought that was having a substitute teacher, it would still be boring because I had no one to be able to act stupid with. Curse those two..

The next hour and a half and the classes were painfully the same thing all the way through. I hated this, and I swear to god when those two come back I'd cuss both of them out.

That was, until lunch. I walked outside, expecting that I'd just have to mess around on my phone until class started again. But I was shocked to find Pj sitting underneath the tree already. He must've just come in a few minutes before, he has all his stuff with him.. But.. What's he looking at..?

I walked over to the tree, alerting Pj as he turned towards me with a nervous smirk appearing on his face.

"I thought you said you weren't going to be here." I said, sitting down next to him.

"I wasn't, but I wanted to come and talk to you about something." He said, the smile on his face suddenly dropping.

This made my heart sink a little, as his sudden expression change both confused and worried me.