8: Jumbled

I held my hand out and shook hers. I felt a little weird, considering my hands were a little soaked from tears.

"It's okay, I'll be fine. You don't have to listen to me. I'm y/n y/l/n by the way. I'm sure I've seen you before.." I said.

"I think you have. Well, I know you have.. that sounds a bit creepy.. What I meant is that I sit behind you in Math." She said.

"Oh right! I remember you." I said.

"Anyways, what were you crying about? You don't have to tell me, I'm just curious." She said.

"Oh.. I was.. um- I was just crying about something that's happening right now between me and my other friends, Pj and Ethan."

"Oh.. Them. I've been noticing those two start to get really nervous around you lately. Have you noticed?" She asked.

"No.. Well sort of. They've been acting a lot differently towards me lately. Ethan's been getting mad at me and being serious about it, which is really unlike him.. and Peej is just being really secretive. I'm just worried about him." I explained.

"Well.. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here. I only came in here to kill a little time because my English teachers a prick.. but I'm glad I made a new friend, or.. at least I hope I did..?" She said, looking at me again.

"You have." I said.

She softly smiled at me and stared at the floor.

"Let's talk sometime soon. I'll see you later." She said, walking out of the bathroom.

She was nice.. and she's my friend. I've always noticed her being by herself whenever I saw her.. I'm glad I can be her friend.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out.

-one new text from 'Ethan'

Ethan..? Oh my god. Did I actually forget?

Ethan: where are you?? You've been gone for too long

I totally forgot that I was with them. I looked in the mirror and saw my face was starting to clear up. Maybe it would be completely clear by the time I got back..

I should probably text Ethan back so he doesn't get too worried..

Me: sorry for taking so long, I'm on my way now

I put my phone back in my pocket and went for the door. It swung open before I could reach the handle.

I shut my eyes tight and stumbled back, sliding and hitting the floor.

I felt pain go through my arms and legs right as I landed on the floor. That really hurt..

I looked up to see who it was.

It was Naomi.

Really..? Out of all of the people who could've opened that door, it was her?

"Oh.. Did I startle you y/n? I didn't expect you to even be in here." She laughed, sounding so fucking evil when she did.

"As a matter of fact, you did scare me. Please be more careful when you open the door, you don't want to attempt to kill an innocent bystander again." I said.

"Why are you talking as if you're innocent? There's not one innocent thing about you.." She said angrily.

"Don't start with this now, please. I really don't want to hear this now. I don't even know what I did to make you hate me like you do.." I said, starting to stand up.

I tried to walk around her, but she grabbed my wrist.

"You know clearly why I hate you! You took the one thing I loved away from me!" She shouted.

Say what now? What did I take from her? She has everything that she could possibly want.. Wait.. Is it-

"Get out of your head and talk to me you dumb bitch!" She shouted again.

Oh hell no- she did not just call me a dumb bitch. I want to throw down right now but lucky for her, I can't fight worth a shit.

I stayed silent and got my arm out of her grip. I started walking back to the library. I heard her sigh very angrily and slam the bathroom door shut.

I did the right thing..

Or at least I hope I did.

>>

I walked back into the library. I saw Ethan and Pj, but they didn't notice me. I quietly stepped over out of their views. I shouldn't tell them about what happened with Naomi.. They'd get really pissed off and start some sort of drama. I know they would..

I won't tell them. I've decided on that.

I walked to the table and sat down. Pj looked at me.

"What took you so long?" He whispered.

"I'm sorry. I was talking to someone who stopped me in the hallway and I lost track of time." I lied, oh my god.

"Who stopped you?" He asked.

Shit. I didn't think this through clearly..

"Um- it- it was just a teacher." I stuttered.

"Okay, I was just curious. You never leave us for that long without a good reason." He said.

I sighed in relief.

I just want to go home now. This day has been complete shit and I just want to go home where it's nice and safe. And I really want to watch anime right now.. later. I have to wait that painful time.

I checked my phone. It was only 1:27.. ugh.

"Y/n." Ethan said.

"Hm?" I turned towards Ethan and stared at him.

"I was just wondering.. Well.. Can I come over to your house tonight? But not Pj.. Just me. It's important." He whispered, making sure Pj couldn't hear.

"Do you mean like.. stay the night?" I whispered back.

He nodded. It wasn't like I had anything to worry about.. Because conveniently both my parents were away.

"Um, I guess?" I said.

That's weird. Why wouldn't he want Pj to come? Whenever he comes over to my house Peej always comes, and it's the same the other way around obviously. Maybe he's going to tell me something about Pj.. Just maybe..

"Thanks, y/n. I'll explain everything later." He said, closing his notebook.

It was almost time to go to the next class, right. I got my stuff together and put it on the table, waiting to hear the bell ring.

I'm not going to be able to get this off my mind now.. wonderful. Well, at least I have Ethan staying the night at my house to look forward to. And whatever he's going to tell me, the waiting part is already killing me.

The bell sounded and we all stood up. Time to survive the rest of the day..