Chapter 2

Your body was still freezing from the unexpected downpour in Po Town. You were writhing in bed, only to have a sleepless night due to an unknown anxious source in your heart and mind. It was a night dedicated to all the years you hadn't been exercising. You kept waking up in cold sweat and you had constantly tossed your covers around to the point where it ended up on your bedroom floor. It humiliated you.

You had taken a pill that morning to relieve you from last night's events. You couldn't exactly blame yourself, since it was one of the most stress-inducing conflicts you ever experienced in your life.

Molayne, the former captain, had contacted you the same morning. He demanded of your arrival immediately to Mount Hokulani where the observatory resided in order to list certain things that he needed to go over.

"Excuse me, miss. We still need to discuss the renovations. You may be a temporary captain, but this setting will not suit your trial."

Molayne awkwardly held his clipboard against his chest, watching as you planted your face in your palms. You leaned over and sighed furiously before biting your dry lip. You felt pathetic. Your encounter with the Team Skull boss left such an imprint on you last night that you forgot about Molayne's call the day before. Therefore, Molayne was forced to watch you sulk in the corner of the observatory with your face now planted between your knees. Your heart was still aching from the intensity and threat of Guzma's words.

The former captain gulped and fixed his glasses anxiously, a frown etched on his face, "(Y/N), what's wrong?" he finally mustered to ask, aggressively tapping his clipboard with sweaty hands, his eyes on your form.

You shook your head, "Nothing, sir. I just had a rough night sleeping. I'm very sorry I was late to this; the truth is your call went over my head." Frustrated at your own lame yet truthful excuse, you glanced up hopelessly at him. "I'm really trying to work hard in this position, I swear."

Molayne only nodded before returning his gaze to his clipboard of your personal information. "That's fine," he clicked his pen before jotting down notes, "It's normal to have a rough start, you're not the first captain to have one." He reassured, looking up again with a gleaming smile. 

You returned the favor and whispered your thanks, certain that he was unable to hear it. "Now, (Y/N), our main problem isn't the trial itself, but more of what Pokémon you'll use, especially the Totem Pokémon." At his words, you automatically searched your ruffled purse. "Remember they need to be a fully evolved Pokémon or a Pokémon that has no further evolutionary stages."

You let out three of your Pokémon the moment he finished his explanation: Oranguru, Bruxish, and Metang. Molayne raised his brow -- shocked at your choice. "Ah, (Y/N), you've told me about him. Are you sure?"