"You said you wouldn't hurt me," I asked in a weak voice.

He lowered down in front of me and grabbed my chin hard. "I lied," He sneered at me and pushed my head back. Suddenly two men came, each grabbing an arm. They picked me up with ease and moved me back towards the door I'd taken to come up here from the basement.

"No. Please no! I just wanted to smell the fresh air. Please don't hurt me." I thrashed around and screamed for someone to help me. As I was pulled around the corner I saw Liz standing there, watching me. I looked at her for help and Robert must have noticed our small exchange because he was at Liz's side in a second, kissing her. Her eyes left my pleading ones and I knew help wasn't coming.

The two men brought me downstairs and chained me against the wall. I thrashed around but each time I struggled I was smacked. I kicked my legs at them, trying to get them away from me but soon my ankles were chained down as well.

The darkness took over again and I was whipped until I stopped fighting it. I was hit, kicked and smacked until it felt like every bone in my body was cracked. I wished for death again, knowing I'd never get that lucky. I have no idea how long it went on for but they didn't let up. I could tell that it was more than one person inflicting the pain.

'Momma!' A boy’s voice screamed in my head. 'Don't hurt her,' it said again. I focused on his words and it took all my pain away. It was like this little voice filled the void I'd been feeling.

'Alem, who are you looking for?' A man's voice said and I gasped as another blow to my stomach came.

"Who are you communicating with?" Robert spat at me.

"What are you talking about?" I whimpered. Robert speaking to me gave me a chance to catch my breath.

"I can hear your thoughts. You're speaking to someone. Tell me who it is." He placed a hand on my head and I felt this pull in my mind. I held on to it because I didn't want him to hurt that child.

Robert and I were having this struggle inside my head for the information he wanted but this was one thing I wasn't going to give him. Every fiber of my being told me to keep the boy safe. It was like that boy was my child and...

My mind snapped then and the power struggle ended with Robert. He fell back against the wall and I stood up. The voice was my son. The man's voice was Eric. My family. I felt this power inside me take over and I pulled on the chains that were keeping me against the wall. Three pulls later I was loose and ready to kill anyone in my way.

Robert's eyes snapped to mine and he bore his fangs to me. I smirked and crouched down to his level, readying myself for a fight.

"You tried to take my memories... father. You thought you could make me forget my husband and son?"

"This isn't possible. There's no way you should remember them." He lunged at me and I allowed his body to smack against mine. He tried to bite at my neck but I pushed him off of me like he weighed nothing. I felt like I'd gained all of this new strength but I didn't know from where.

'Mom?' A new voice said in my head.

'Alem?' I asked softly. He sounded so much older that it scared me.

'Yes. Do you know where you are?' His tone was urgent and it caused me to get anxious.

'Robert's house, in the basement. Where is your father?'

'I'm here, Love.' Eric said and a smile crept to my face. 'Are you okay?' Eric asked again and his voice was just enough of a distraction for Robert to kick me in the stomach.

"You will never get out of here. You can talk to them all you want, they will never get to you." Robert kicked me in the face and I lost the connection to Eric and Alem.