Chapter 8

We both look at Alec in complete shock. As well as their parents. "Okay, I've had enough of this!" Tessa shouted. "Rickie, stop being an idiot! I know we kidnapped Alec and Tessa for Harmony's experiences and that you tend to call other people's parents your's but right now, you are in your head. So get your head out of your ass and start helping!" I just rolled my eyes and walk over to their parents. 

"I am really sorry," I lie and punch them in the face hard enough to knock them down and out cold. "Really," I say turning around to Alec. "Cussing?" Alec smirked. "I dunno why you giggling, you almost blew our cover!" I shout. I walk over and thump him on the head.

"Ow!" he shouted. He quickly put his hand up to where I had flicked him.

"Tessa," I say turning to her, "that was a very stupid cover up story. I am now going to steal some of your parents' book. You get that cat under control and we'll leave."

"I don't know who you think you are-"

"I'm Harmony."

"I don't know who you think you are talking to me like that but I'm not going to do as you say," Tessa said ignoring my interruption. 

"Fine, suit yourself. I'm stealing the books and leaving," I say turning to a bookshelf filled with books on how thins work and different chemicals.

"Your power," Alec said quietly. I stop what I'm doing.

"I don't care what that machine says about me," I spin on my heel to face them, "I don't have a power. I appreciate your little attempt to make me feel better about myself but it won't work." I turn back around to the bookshelf and reach for a book. "You can't fool me in a lie," I finish quieter. They don't respond. I grab what I need and leave stepping over the parents. I walk out of the white-walled house and walk out to the wickedness of the outdoors. I walked towards the Hell I call my home. I didn't want to go back. No surprise I hated it there. I make my way as the rain starts to sprinkle down covering my face in the water. I stop and looked up with my eyes closed, letting the water hit my face. What if the machine was right? What if I had an unknown power? Then again, I have superhero DNA since everyone else in my family is one.

 I sigh and  bring my face down, as well open my eyes in the process, and trudge back home, hoping I could find a good excuse to tell my parents on why I left without their consent.