Chapter 1

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! I am Abby Greenburg here to bring you the following news! Business is up today! The weather is warm, but that'll be coming up soon! Right now let's talk about the mysterious bank robbery that occurred last night. Suspects couldn't describe who the criminal was or what he or she looked like, but we can probably have a guess on who did it..."

"Harmomy!" I finished in complete awe. I then looked behind her at her door. I didn't want to my parents to walk in on me to once again celebrating Harmony's accomplishments. My straight, brown hair flew in my face as I whipped my head to face the television again. I push it out of the way and focus my chocolate brown eyes on the screen. The news reporter, Abby I think her name was,  must've gotten bored of the current story and went on to a more "exciting" story on my parents, brother, and sister. They're super heroes, The Miracles. Unfortunately, I was the only one born powerless. They seem to hate me because of that.

The reporter talked about how they defeated the villain, "The Chicken."

"He was weak!" I shout. "Who would name themself 'The Chicken'?" Right then my dad came storming in my room. He shared my brown hair and eyes. He is tall and had a bushy mustache on his face. He didn't look happy.

"What I tell you about watching the news?" He questioned. He looked on my walls covered in different posters of Harmony.

"I was just trying to help you find out who robbed that bank last night!" I lied.

He must've known I was lying as he shouted back at me, "You know Harmony was the one who robbed that bank as much as I do!"

"Sorry," I say very small like. "I was trying to help."

"How would you be any help?" He argued. "You are a dumb powerless freak!" At that statement, I was forcing myself to hold back tears. I was used to him using actions to be mean to me, but never his words. "What's wrong? Little baby gonna cry?"

"Leave!" I shout. My dad's face grew a smile.

"I'll see you at dinner."

"I'm not hungry."

"Yeah, yeah," he said waving his hand as he walked out. He slammed the door on his way out. I brust into tears. I know why they hate me so much, but why would they judge me because of that? I'm their daughter, so why can't they treat me like my siblings? I sniffed and wiped my tears. My stomach growled. I had lied about not being hungry. I looked at my window which was right above my bed. It only had a single pillow and a blanket too small for me. I have to curl up into the most uncomfortable ball form.

I jump on my bed. I open my window and hop out. I land on the cool, wet grass, only to remember the fact I forgot my shoes. I wasn't going back now. I hopped the gate, cutting my feet on the metal bars, and took off. I prayed that my parents wouldn't see me sneaking off.

I ran down the block, to my best friend's house. He, Alec, opened the door.

"Micayla!" he said surprised. "What are you doing here?" He looked down at my feet. "Snuck out again?" I nod my head. He moves out of the way, allowing me to come in.

"I can't take it anymore," I say, sitting down on the couch in the next room. I put my head in my hands. Alec was the only person I told about my secret. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me, comfortingly.

"I know Micayla, I know," he replied. He moved his hand up and down my back. Tears fell down my face. He may be a boy, but he's the best friend a girl can ask for. Don't get the wrong idea, we're only friends.

"What did I do wrong?" I sobbed. You may think he might bring up the fact that I don't have powers but he didn't. What he said was completely different.

He lifted my chin after he took his arm off of me and said, "Show them who's better Micayla. Meet me here tonight. I know just what to do."