Chapter 5

I jumped awake. There was a loud banging on my door. I get up and walk to it. When I open it, I expected my mom or dad to be standing there, but it was a guy in a business suit. He was tall, had blond hair and had blue eyes.

"Morning miss," he said. His voice was happy. It was a voice that was never spoken to me.

"Morning," I shyly reply. I force myself to smile just  like  he was, but he wasn't forcing himself. I guess people are just naturally happy, or he was really good at forcing smiles.

"What school do you go to?" he asked.

"I don't go to school sir," I reply. That was the truth. My parents said I was "too dumb" to go to school, which I find stupid because I was smarter than the two of them combined.

"Are you home schooled?"

"No sir."

"Well, since it is the law for children to go to school, you are required to go." I was shocked at what he said. My parents not only lied to me, but broke the law. I'm the villain. I'm the one robbing banks, kidnapping people, breaking the law.

"So?" I ask. "Where am I going to go?" He smiled.

"I will be taking you to your new school now actually," he said. "I will allow you to get ready, but I shall ask you to hurry." He leaves my doorway, closing the door behind him. I get dressed, brush my hair and teeth and grab my shoes. I forced them on my feet and walked out of my room. He was waiting in my living room. He noticed I was standing there. "There she is!" He was so happy. Why? I smile. I follow him as we walk out of the house without explanation other than I was going to school. I got in his car and we drove off. The school honestly wasn't that far and I went inside. There was nothing that I hadn't pictured a school would be. There were plain black lockers lining the hallways, and doors appeared between them about every fifteen.

We soon enter the principal's office. Long story short, I got my schedule and was pushed away. They never told me where to go, where my locker was, let alone, what the name of this place is! I find my way to my locker with the help of random people I found. Some were helpful than others while some were just rude.

As I was making the trip down the hallway I was supposed to be in, when a red haired, green eyed girl stopped me. She was obviously wearing too much make-up. She had like eighteen layers of cotton candy pink lipstick on.

"Look what we have here," she said. "A newbie."

"Hey," I smile shyly. I was not going to deal with someone who thinks they are better than me.

"I always wondered what a troll would look like," she continued. I made a face of confusion at her comment. "Tell me troll, what are you thinking?"

"That you look like Ursula from 'The Little Mermaid,' but with too much make-up on," I reply back. She made that face teenage girls make when someone insults them. "What? You wanted me to tell you something you didn't already know? Because, uh, someone like you should look at yourself in the mirror every morning to put on that make-up, Ursula."

"Oh, I ain't your mirror," she fired back.

'What kind of an insult is that?'

"Yeah, because you're beautiful," I say. She starts to play with her hair. "You also seem to be pretty smart." She started to pose a little. "Oh, I'm not talking to you," I say, looking straight at her. She stops, confused. "I'm talking to the person next to you." She looks to her left.

"No one is there," she said even more confused.

"Exactly," I say, "even people who are invisible are better looking that you."

"Oh, that's it!" She started to charge at me. Then she feel.

"Oh my god! Nicole, are you okay?" shouted what I knew was Tessa's voice. She came running over and helped Ursula up.

"Get away from m you red eyed freak!" Ursula/Nicole said, pushing away Tessa who walked over to me. I saw Tessa grab the choker on her neck. I step in front of her. Two seconds later, as Nicole was walking towards me, she tripped over an object that slid right in front of her. I saw Tessa walk next to me again, fixing her choker.

"Oops," she whispered to me. We both laugh. She then whispers to me, "Follow me." So I do as I was told. She takes me into the Janitor's Closet.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask.

"To give you back this." She holds out my black eye mask that transforms me into Harmony. I grab it.

"Thanks," I say, a little hesitant.

"Micayla," she starts. I look up from my mask. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to throw away your life."

"Yeah right," I interrupt.

"I gave you the mask back, what do you want for me?"

"To leave me alone. I could've left you in that stupid tube but I didn't! I could've just saved Alec, but I didn't!" I shout. "Then you try to force Alec to erase my memory! You threatened to kill  me! Now you want to make buddy-buddy with me?" 

"Micayla, you do not know who you're messing with. I don't want to be your enemy, but with Alec on your side, I can't fight you." She left right after she said what she did. I follow her, tucking the mask in my back pocket.