013.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
fuck the police

both nancy and amelia shared the same english class together

both nancy and amelia shared the same english class together. so did barb, but she was absent again for the second day.

the two were off in their own different worlds as the teacher was reading from a book. students were meant to read along, but instead listened and stared at the printed words on a smelly, dusty book.

nancy was mostly worried about barb. only a couple of times did she ever think of something else, like why amelia didn't think much about any of this.

nancy would've found this book interesting as well the conversation the teacher was having with the students about it, but just like lia, she was looking out the window.

only one thing ran through amelia's mind. steve. no matter what she did to take the thought of him away, she'd just randomly picture his charming smile, and hear his laugh. she often replayed the moments they'd have when they walked together in the halls. or the funny screams they yelled at the football game that brought in weird looks from people around them.

amelia's smile faded as she felt a certain cloud of question hover her chest. amelia turned to the door just before it opened. a staff member came in with a small paper. "nancy wheeler," the lady said. she looked down to the note as amelia also started to gather her things.

"and amelia cruz." nancy flashed a confused glare at amelia. amelia didn't look back. "if you'll come with me, please?"

they followed the woman out the room, into the hall. amelia couldn't ignore the nervousness nancy was feeling. she had to feel the same as nancy did. it was human nature that amelia had to copy.

a certain classroom door amongst the many in the hall creaked open. thee steve harrington stepped out, and was actually talking to the class before leaving. "i'm not gonna take forever, don't worry, rosalinda!" he laughed to the teacher. a quiet wave of giggles and chuckles erupted in the room as steve closed the door. the teenager turned and wore an awarding grin. he turned the hall pass with his fingers before his eyes fell on the girls walking almost by him.

"get to wherever you're going, harold." the lady leading nancy and amelia said to steve. amelia twitched a brow at him, slowing her steps down. "harold?" she mumbled quickly. steve tore his eyes off nancy, as she was his main attraction.

he nodded at lia, questioning where they were going and why nancy looked so high–ended. amelia responded with a careless shrug.

steve's eyes were glued to the two till they made a turn, leaving steve's sight.

they ended up in the cafeteria with a simple table in the room. nancy and amelia glanced at each other oddly before walking to the table and taking seats with two deputies. amelia recalled them from yesterday, as they too remembered amelia. the two men glanced at each other.