002.

CHAPTER TWO
her name is amelia

"where the hell are they?" joyce talks to herself as she searches the dining room and kitchen for her missing car keys

nine peeks her head from the back door, trying to get jonathan's attention shield he watches his frantic mother looking.

"jonathan!" joyce calls. he walks past the back door and sees the noirette he took in last night. "i'm looking!" he lies. he openes the backdoor for her to come in and leads her to the restroom while his mom is distracted.

"jonathan!" joyce shouts again. he groans and grabs a towel to he give (throw*) at to nine. "check the couch!" he suggests.. joyce walks to the living room. nine catches her first glimpse of the lady, who begins searching for the keys in the couch.

jonathan gasps at how exposed she is to being caught, and literally shoves the girl into the bathroom. "hide in the shower!" he whisper-shouts at her.

"the what?"

he slams the door closed. "they're not in the restroom."

he turns to the right and sees her coat for work. he walks to it and checks the pockets. when he finds the car keys, he puts on a small, little grin. "mom."

"what, jonathan?" he shakes the keys she sees dangling between his fingers. joyce sighs with relief and can't help but smile back. she walks up to him, thanking him, and then resumed her work in the kitchen.

"where's will?" she asks. jonathan's body stammers for a second. to be honest, he didn't know. he spent all his time last night with nine, too occupied by that to check in on his little brother.

"oh, i didn't get him up. maybe he's sleeping." jonathan answers, trying to make his shrug look untroubled.

joyce makes her way to will's room as jonathan rushes back to the bathroom where nine is hiding. "take a shower when my mom leaves." he instructs her as she stands in the tub.

she shakes her head, confused by his words.

"take a what?"

jonathan groans due to frustration. "use this to wash your hair," jonathan grabs and gives her the shampoo. "then rinse. then use this for your hair again. rinse. and then rub that all over your body." jonathan explains quickly as he hands her the conditioner and body soap. she nods, registering all this new information while carrying all the items in her arms.