(Christmas Special)

(Christmas Special)

I frowned as I waited at the airport. My headphones plugged in my ears as I waited for my mother to come. I folded my arms, my black jacket tightening around me. "She always has to be late doesn't she?" I muttered. I wore hair extensions to please my mom since she preferred I had long hair and would glare at my hair the whole day if I didn't have it. "Skylar!" I heard a happy squeal. My frown deepened as I was tackled to the ground by none other than my mother.

"Mom, you need to get off me and give me my bag back. Don't try to steal from your own daughter." I chastised.

"Oh I'm sorry dear but an artist like me can't help herself." My mother said as she handed me my bag, her short brown hair bouncing with her words.

"uh-huh give me my wallet." I said flatly causing my mother to sweat drop and hand me the plain black leather wallet. "You never stop." I muttered as I lead the way to the house, my mother's heels clicking behind me. Once we reached her hotel I sighed, "Here you go mother if you need anything call Uncle Ranka." I said as I left.

"Wait, Skylar..." I heard my mother say frantically. I turned slightly to see her sad face; I wouldn't let it phase me. "I don't want what I do to get between us. I do love you honey." My mom said sadly.

"Then why do you do it if you know it gets between us?" I said as I walked away. I walked over to the apartment complex and opened the door to see the Host Club sitting at the table. I sighed in irritation before storming off to my room, a dark cloud of doom over me.

"Skylar dear! Where is your mother?" Ranka asked sweetly.

"At her hotel, I refuse to let her into the house." I snapped, walking further into my sanctum.

"Why not, oh how I do miss my little sister!" Ranka squealed.

"Because she'll rob you blind Uncle Ranka, that and she'll stalk me here." I muttered then there was a knock at the door. "Like that..." I muttered.

"Skylar how rude of you not to take me to see my brother!" I heard my mother snap at me from the entryway.

"It wasn't rude it was pure genius to leave you behind!" I snapped back as I climbed out of my cave and sat next to Takashi, glaring at her the whole time. I instantly saw the evil look in my mother's eye and scrambled to her. "In fact let's have a talk outside mother." I growled as I dragged her outside.

Once outside I shut the door, "No." I said harshly.

"But honey." She pleaded.

"No they're my friends and you're not going to do this to me. You might be able to get away with it but you'd leave me with the messy leftovers of your 'art' like you did when I was 10." I snapped.

"Oh come on, that clerk had it coming; besides he wouldn't harm a little girl anyway." My mother blew off my statement.

"That clerk made me wait in his store till you returned three days later!" I shouted, "You're going to respect my wishes this time and I'll be keeping an eye on you." I growled as I opened the door, only to have the host club fall on the doormat. My eyebrow twitched in anger, "What the hell do you think you guys are doing?" I asked. They all looked at me in horror before scrambling back to the table. I sighed as I walked into the room, leaving my mother outside as I shut the door in her face.

"I'll be honest about this; my mother is a con-artist." I said flatly. "I'm going to ask you not to trust her at all if you're going to be here and keep all valuable possessions away from her claws. If you don't want to be here I completely understand." I said looking down, ashamed.

"We're staying Sky-chan!" I heard Honey say happily and I looked up in shock to see everyone smiling at me.

"What?! No! She'll take everything you own if she could! I can't allow that!" I said angrily.

"But we want to be here." Takashi said with a small smile. My shoulders slumped at his words as I sat down next to him. I slammed my head down onto the table.

"Skylar that is no way to behave!" My mother chastised.

"Like I care what you think." I growled as I refused to look at her, "Now give me back my wallet, I've let you have it for a couple of seconds, and I expect all the money to be there, I counted every cent." My wallet was handed to me and I spotted I was a couple yen short. "Mom." I warned and the money was returned. "This will be an interesting Christmas." I chuckled.

"That reminds us...Merry Christmas Skylar." I heard the twins say. I looked up to see an orange wrapped box being shoved in my face.

"Um...thanks." I muttered, ripping open the paper to see a 'do it yourself' prank kit. "Oh wow thanks!" I giggled, loving the horrified look on my mother's face. I suddenly had a purple box shoved in my face I look up to see an overly happy Tamaki.

"Daddy is hoping you'll love his present for you!" He cheered.

I ripped open the box to find a bunch of girly stuff, "Uh...thank you, Tamaki." I said with a fake smile as Tamaki squealed in happiness. I had a black box placed in my lap from Kyoya it was an account book to keep record of my income and spending habits. "Thanks Kyoya." I sweat dropped. Next was a pink box from honey and it contained a cookbook of sweets. "I'll try some recipes out soon!" I cheered. Last but not least was a present from Takashi, he placed the elongated blue box in my lap and I opened it to see a new Katana! I quickly hugged him to death. "Thank you so much!" I squealed happily. They then gave Haruhi her presents, all consisting of girly clothes.

"We wanted to present you with our gifts before we have to leave on our respective Christmas vacations." Kyoya said as we finished.

"I'm glad you all stopped by." I said wandering off to our room, "We have some stuff for you as well." I grinned as I pulled out all the boxes. Tamaki got a fake crown and scepter from me and a cute bunch of teddy bear mechanical pencils for Haruhi while Kyoya got a calculator from me and a new notebook from Haruhi. The twins got a prank kit from me and matching jackets from Haruhi. I bought Honey an assorted box of chocolates while Haruhi bought a healthy sweets cookbook. Takashi got blue, green, and red t-shirts from Haruhi. Everyone looked at me expectantly when I held up a dark green box and held it out in front of Takashi, a nervous look on my face.

He slowly opened the box and his eyes widened when he spotted the dark green katana in the box. The sheath had a gold dragon painted on it while the pommel had green, black, and gold string wound around it. He looked up at me and I began to ramble. "I noticed you eying my katana when I brought it to school so I thought you'd like it...if you don-" I was interrupted by a hug from Takashi and my face turned bright red.

"Oooh!!! Spicy!" I heard my mother squeal, making me turn brighter shades of red.

"Mom!" I snapped, glaring at her. I heard a chuckle to my right to see Takashi with a small smile on his face. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer; I almost fainted from the mental stress.