18 || dazai

idk what this is, but if it's wanted, i'll continue this.
_______________________________________

Windows began freezing, prints of snowflakes stuck to the edges while neon lights tinted the colorless substance in green, pink and blue.
The lights were a bit prettier in such a cold season. They wormed their way into the pupil of your eye, trying to overstimulate and finally blinding it.
Funny how something so pretty could cost one their eyesight.
You gazed right into the light, pupils decreased in size, hurt, screamed at you to look away.
But you never did.
Maybe it was another trance your thoughts had lulled you into like a mother lulled her child to sleep.

The radio was silent despite shining just as bright as those damn neon lights blinding your orbs.
It had lost its voice, left you in silence, played muted songs.
Smell of alcohol lingered in the air as if it belonged in your car.
Next to you was the half empty bottle of sake that was supposed to numb the pain in your chest.
Could you call it pain if it was so dull like drowned out voices?
When it was nothing but a poke on your shoulder?
Stupid, you thought.
Despite the amount of alcohol circulating throughout your body, you felt completely sober.
Only a small heartburn was left.
How useless, you huffed, breath appearing as smoke in front of your strained eyes.

A tap on your window.
A charming call of the word "miss".
A dazzling set of chocolate brown orbs met your own milky ones.

Lazily, you rolled down the monochromatic window of your car and met the brunette dressed in suit and tie with heated cheeks.
But it wasn't his appearance that had made you blush.
Dazai's nose caught the faint rush of alcohol lingering on you, eyes spotting the bottle of sake you didn't try to hide.
"I fear you're currently on forbidden ground. I'd hate to use force on a lady such as yourself."
Charming, alluring, perhaps even dirty seduction clothed in white silk. That's the kind of voice that tickled your ears.
Mentally pulling yourself together, you turned the key being stuck in your car and chuckled.
"I'm afraid I'm far away from being a lady, but thank you. I'll get moving right away."

Smiles were exchanged.
You didn't know you'd meet the bandaged brunette again sooner than you'd liked to think.