10 || dazai

Requested by: mafiaKuroh

Smol, fluffy drabble >w<
_____________________________________

With a cup of tea in your hand, you froze at your desk in the Agency. It was a surprisingly not-so-busy day which relieved you.
After all, your throat was sore, your whole body ached and each time you coughed, you feared that you'd lose a lung.
But there you were; wrapped up in multiple blankets and freezing to death. To your luck, Yosano wasn't in the Agency or else you'd be a head shorter.

Coughing into the crook of your arm, you cleaned your nose soon after and sighed.
"[Name].. You should go home and wait for me there." Dazai rolled over to you on his chair and scrutinized your appearance. You probably felt like what you looked like. And you being at work would only make your cold worse. That's what Dazai was worried about.
"It's just a - achooo! - cold.." Your voice was quiet and sounded like someone clawed open your throat. Each word you spoke hurt so much, you wanted to die.

Leaning your head on your lover's shoulder, you let Dazai wrap his arm around your shivering body.
"It'll only get worse if you keep working. I promise I'll come home, soon." The brunette was genuinely worried about you. Seeing his lover in such a vulnerable state made his heart ache.
"But Dazaaaiii~" you whined, embraced the warmth of his body and hid your face in his shoulder. You had loved to say that you loved his cologne, but your nose couldn't pick up any smell.
"No buts, love!~" Dazai chirped and carefully picked you up as if you were a baby, his little, ill bundle of joy.

"Nee, Kunikida-kun! I'll get [Name] a taxi."

"Just get back before your work multiplies." Kunikida wasn't very pleased with the 'short break' his colleague took, but the circumstances were appropriate. After all, you were seriously ill and in no condition to work properly.

Just before the taxi arrived, Dazai pecked your forehead, but immediately made a sizzling sound.
"Ouch! You're so hot, [Name]!~" the male made you chuckle in response, but it was just the fever that made Dazai say that. However, his attempt at making you smile was a huge success.
"Just lie in bed and rest a lot, promised?"
Looking up at Dazai, you hooked your pinky around his and grinned from ear to ear.
"Promised!"

__________________________

It was around six in the evening when you heard the door unlock and a pair of shoes being placed on the ground.
You lay in bed just as you promised your suicidal lover. As much as you wanted to greet him, your body wouldn't let you.
Each tendon, muscle and joint felt like it went through hell.
Meanwhile, Dazai was careful not to make too loud noises, knowing how sensitive the body of a human was when it fell ill.

He pushed the door to the bedroom open, smiled and entered the room with a bowl of soup.
"This is from Kyouka-chan and Yosano-sensei. They really want you to recover fast; everyone wishes for that." Dazai placed the warm bowl of soup on the nightstand and checked your fever by pressing his lips against your forehead.
"It actually went down~"

The brown-haired ability user got up to take off his trench coat, then he crawled under the sheets next to you and let you rest your head on his chest. You knew Dazai would scold you if you said anything, but there were no words needed. Dazai knew how grateful you were and you knew that it was no big deal for him; even if he practically talked to himself.
He securely wrapped his arm around your waist while his other bandaged hand was running through your hair.

"Rest a bit more. I'll be right here, my love."