Chapter 10: Snowballing Battles

As time goes on the green leaves turn to golds and reds before falling to the ground with the help of autumn's cold breezes. Now with them all on the frosted yellow grass, leaving the trees bare a dark brown that you gaze upon out of the library's window a single white puff wanders down from the sky.

"Is that snow?" You ask no one in particular.

Yet the gray clouds answer you by sending a vast army of snowflakes down to invade the earth's surface.

"The year's first snow!" Jonathan dashes up to the window that you sat nearby. "I'm so happy it's finally here!" His eyes light up in childlike enthusiasm.

"You're a fan of snow?" You smile at him.

"Yes! I hope we get a lot tonight!" He nods his head

"How come?"

"Then we can make snowmen, snow angels, snow forts, and-"

"Damned ice to slip on." Dio interrupts Jonathan not looking up from his book as he speaks as they sit at the couch near the fireplace.

"There's also ice skating as well!" Jonathan doesn't miss a beat almost ignoring Dio.

"I haven't done any of that since I was a child." You say.

"What? You're joking come on (name)."

"Am I laughing? No, so I'm serious here."

"How tragic, tomorrow we're going to have lot's of fun I promise you." He lays his hands on your shoulders while smiling with excitement.

--

It was cold outside, way colder than you thought it was going to be. Even with your thick jacket, scarves, and gloves. Your body still tremors from shivering every other moment. You've only been out there for only five minutes too, and the feeling from your toes is disappearing slowly. You walk under a snow packed evergreen branch as you take in the never ending winter wonderland. Even though the countryside is naturally peaceful with cool breezes the fluff up your dress. For the choirs of birds to accompany the soft winds, and the chirping of bugs to act as a bass to nature's music. With the layer of white that has fallen over the land, a hushed serenity has too.

Turning your head up to search if there was any animal nests in the tree, instead lumps of snow smacks right into your face.

A malicious chuckle follows your annoying fate. "Sorry, you looked a little too peaceful there." Dio's infamous smirk shows itself once again.

"I'll get you back for that just you wait!" You huffed before trudging away from him in the calf deep snow.

"You're such a child." His faint voice reaches your ears as you leave him.

Oh how heaven looks out for you there's Jonathan walking out of the manor doors. You pick up your pace to a awkward run because of the snow freezing the bottom half of your dress. Only ten feet until you could ask for his help in revenge.

But you find yourself caught off balance bringing you face planting into the snow. Right in front of Jonathan. You could have sworn the snow melted a little with how hot your face was from the embarrassment.

"Are you okay?!" Jojo comes rushing to your aid picking you up with ease and placing you on your feet. Even with his size and strength you're still caught off guard by this, but there wasn't time to be flustered right now.