Chapter 3: Not So Delicate

The next few days are quiet and peaceful you spend your mornings in the library and exploring the house. As for the afternoons you go to wander outside, but each time you went for the door Dio was right near it making a comment about not going to far. Today as you go through the library a book about (favorite school subject) peaks your interest, when you reach up to grab it another larger hand palaces on yours.

"Oh (name) I didn't see you there sorry." The hand belongs to no one else than Jonathan he quickly removes it from yours.

"Neither did I somehow and you enjoy (favorite school subject)?"

"Why yes actually I've always loved it since I was a child."

You smile sweetly. "Same here."

A light blush dusts his face. "So I was wanting to ask you something."

"Yes? Like what Jojo?"

"Would you like to go into town with me today? There's a musical performance going on so I've heard and I would love for you to come with me."

You smile a chance to go into town with ease maybe this could be your big opportunity to go home. "Why I would love to Jonathan!" You exclaim while setting a hand on his arm, "just let me get a ready for a day out please?"

He grins at your reply. "Yes of course I'll be waiting by the front door." The both of you walk out the library you head back to your room, where you grab plenty of the money you were given by your father.You could simply lose him in a crowd before running off to the train station, the plan was foolproof. You freshen up your face before heading off to where Jonathan is waiting patiently.

"All ready now?" Jonathan asks.

"Yes, ready as I'll ever be." You nod. He opens the door for you as the two of you walk over where a carriage with horses and a driver for them. The young gentleman opens the door for you to step up and in.

"Thank you Jojo aren't you a gentleman." You say as he gets in himself. Shutting the door behind himself, taking a seat next to you, then with a jolt the carriage takes off down the road.

"It's what I make my best efforts at being."

"Really? No matter what?" You wonder for such standards to be held for oneself was not something you heard most guys hold themselves to.

"Of course, no matter where life may steer me I will always do my best to do what is right."

"My you sound like a knight out of a romantic fairy tale all you need is a princess." You giggle.

His face falls for a moment as his fists clench for a second. Oh dear had you said the wrong thing to him? You clear your throat. "Ah I'm so sorry Jojo I didn't mean to offend you." You lay a hand on his shoulder.

"No, no you didn't say anything wrong now I just..." He hesitates to go on.

"I appreciate your moral standards I wish more men had them. That's what I meant to say." You meet his eyes, "I doubt the girl will be me so I must say that the one you do choose shall be lucky to be by your side."

He smiles gently at you a happy blush blooms across his cheeks for it to then fade into a look of confusion. "Wait... Why do you doubt it? I must hold up to what my father expects of me and I'm guessing you will want to do it yourself to your own father." He brings up a hand to his chin in thought, "are you saying you find yourself being more fond of Dio?" His eyes go blank and wide at what he just said.

"What? Him? Dio?" You roll your eyes at the thought of the smug blond, "No I don't exactly find myself feeling fond of him at the moment."

Jonathan sighs in relief. "Ah I see so why don't you see me as a possible husband?" He wonders.