Chapter 3: Fighting the Past

(Yay! This is the chapter where Simon makes an appearance!~<3 Also, two new OCs shall be making an appearance, and an important appearance to the plot at that. Read on to find out what drama unfolds.)

///

4:30 AM, Rynn's and Alkanet's place/Alkanet's room

Alkanet was still up, never having gone to sleep in the first place. After Rynn had gone to sleep, she'd walked to her own room and started reading. Alkanet went through fifteen thick books and twenty manga by 4:00 AM and she'd just finished going through two more books, then decided to change out of her pyjamas. She took off the white silken nightdress and slipped into a white shirt with frilled sleeves that revealed her shoulders and a short skirt of the same colour. It was pretty much the only colour she ever wore when not in her Raijin uniform. It was the same for Rynn, except with black instead of white.

Alkanet went back to reading for a few minutes, then took out a few sheets of blank paper and pencils to draw until the usual time she woke up her best friend. Her thoughts went to how funny it was that Rynn was the only one who ever woke up late, needed to be woken up, and fell asleep easily out of her family. Rynn's parents were usually gone most of the day, and sometimes night, but they never seemed too tired to wake up as early as needed. Her sisters all woke up early enough not to be late for things, even if they were still tired and half asleep. Yet Rynn was the narcoleptic one who would fall asleep whenever she wanted and hated being woken. These thoughts brought a small smile upon Alkanet's lips as she drew on the blank paper she'd gotten out.

5:00 AM, Rynn's room

"Kitsune-chan, wake up or you'll be late for school," Alkanet said, nudging Rynn with her foot. The narcotic girl just groaned and stayed in bed.

"Fine, then I suppose you don't want breakfast."

That woke her up. Rynn jumped out of her bed with a huge grin.

"Ya shoulda said that first!" Rynn said, taking off her black pyjamas and throwing on her uniform.

"Tch. Is that really the only thing to snap you out of your narcolepsy?" Alkanet said.

"Pretty much.~<3"

"Just hurry up. I would love to switch places with you and go to school today."

"Oh yeah, that's right. This is the first day of your suspension. Haha!"

"Shut it, you vixen."

"Been a while since ya called me that."

"I'm leaving. Don't forget to hurry up so you're not late for school."

With that, Alkanet opened the window and jumped down from the third floor, landing lithely on her bare feet. She gave a quick wave to Rynn and ran off towards where Shizuo lived.

a few minutes later, Shizuo's place

She slowed down when she got there and heard him talking with his younger brother. The kitchen window was open, so she decided to make quite the entrance.

"Hullo, guys," she greeted as she jumped in through the open window and did a cartwheel. She giggled at the look on Shizuo's face. Kasuka was wearing the uniform to his school and his face held no expression, as usual. Shizuo on the other hand simply wore a plain grey t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and some sneakers.

"What the hell are you doing?! Don't go jumping through people's windows like that! Just knock on the door like a normal person, d~~~ it!" Shizuo yelled, blushing as he also noticed how short her skirt was.