I walked in and the halls were empty. Shoot. The first period bell had rung. I ran while taking my notebook out. Why anyone needed 4 notebooks for art was beyond me. Please let him be late I thought.

I was so distracted I didn't even see the teacher there... till I crashed into him.

"Sorry, Coach!" I said

"It's alright, kid." He said

He helped me pick up my stuff. Then, suddenly he looked up and started to sniff the air as if something were burning.

"Um, is everything okay, Coach Hedge?" I asked

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine." He said looking at me with new interest. "The bell rung already, shouldn't you be in class?"

"Yes," I answered nervously "but I was getting breakfast and it was kind of a long walk and I-"

"You want me to walk you to your class? I can pretend you were with me."

"Uh, sure."

We walked down the hallway.

"What class do you have?" Coach asked.

"Art. Room 213. Carson." I answered.

We took a left.

Why was he helping me? He wasn't even one of my teachers. I didn't talk to him. He kind of scared me. He carried around his megaphone so he could yell at the other students, as if his baseball bat wasn't enough to scare little children.

  We headed upstairs.

  "If you have Mr. Carson," he said "that means you're in sixth grade."

  "Yeah." I answered

  "Weird."

  "What's so weird about being in sixth grade?"

He looked at me as if he were considering the answer, then he just sighed and knocked on the door three times.
Ronaldo Garcia answered.

"Mr.C, Cassidy's late again!" He shouted

It took all my willpower not to strangle the kid. Before I could do anything Coach Hedge stepped up and said "She was with me Carson."

Coach peeked his head in and waved.

"Thank you, Gleeson," Mr.C said "Cassidy, take your seat."

  I looked at Coach and gave him a silent thank you. He walked out the door reluctantly. Was it just me or was he eyeing the cheerleaders? I hate them too but the look he was gave them was like he wanted to kill him.

   "As I was saying-" that's all I heard. I zoned out after that. You see I'm ADHD so I can't focus unless it's interesting to me, which is rare when it comes to school subjects. The only place I truly focus is science.

  "-which are called?" Mr.Carson was looking straight at me.

"I'm sorry Mr. Carson," no I wasn't. "What was the question?"

All the kids sneered.

"I asked what the proper term is for the colors you get when an equal amount of a primary and secondary color are mixed."

I thought for a moment.

"Tertiary." I said.

"Correct." He said. "Can you come write it on the board?"

"I could." I answered. He already hated me. Why not give him more reason?

He looked at me like he wanted to banish me from existence right then and there but I just stared back, keeping a slight smile on my face.