Monsters of Monroe

The following story is intended to be viewed in a found footage style. 

OVER BLACK:

December 8, 2017

Property of the Department of Homeland Security

Document #DHSUSG - CF92748/ Compact Flash Card 

Observation of Incidents related to operation "BLACKSHIELD"

Ext. Park - Day

The camera turns on. It shifts around as LUKE JACOBSON gets it into place. A beautiful blonde, DAISY MARINELLI, is stretching her legs. Camping gear is on the ground behind her.

Daisy

What are you doing?

Luke (O.S.)

I just need to document our stretching. Youtube, ya' know.

DAISY

Why?

LUKE(O.S.)

You know for form. Plus my videos always get more hits when you are in them.

DAISY

O....k

Luke walks around the camera and stands in place in front it. He has a white T shirt and blue gym shorts on, short sandy hair, looks prepped for a run.

They start stretching. He's looking at her.

DAISY

What?

LUKE

Nothing, just checking your form.

Daisy is standing on one leg and falls a couple of times. Luke sees this.

LUKE

Here.

He bends down and grabs her foot.

LUKE(cont'd)

You've got to relax your ankle.

DAISY

What are you doing?

Luke unties Daisy's shoe.

LUKE

Oop, shoelace.

DAISY

Luke, what are you doing?

Luke reaches into his pocket and holds out a ring. Daisy doesn't realize it for a second. She starts crying.

DAISY

Shut up.

LUKE

Daisy Marinelli, will you Marry me?

DAISY

Yes.

Daisy is short for words and collapses toward Luke kissing him. Tears are streaming down her face. They embrace on the ground rocking back and forth.

A Jump to another camera reveals the couple from another angle. It bobs as it walks toward them.

CAP

Hey guys, whats going on, are you ok?

From Luke's camera we can see CAP, a pudgey A/V guy in jeans and a graphic tee that reads Monroe Monster Hunters. 

LUKE

We're fine cap, can you give us a second please?

CAP

Daisy, are you sure you are ok? Why are you crying?

Daisy holds up a her ring finger. The camera zooms from it, to Daisy, it, to Daisy. 

CAP (Cont'd)

WHAT?! No Way! Luke?! Awh come on guys.

The camera starts getting closer and closer to them. It plows into them. From the other angle we can see Cap embracing Luke and Daisy as well.